Chapter 80: Jason

I had missed my children.

Hylla, who had my eyes and her mother's black hair, never cried, but loved to smile. And Leo, who had Piper's eyes and my hair, was always finding new ways to annoy his mother.

But I had missed Piper the most.

I had my arm around her as we lay on my bed, just the two of us. She had her head rested on my chest.

"What's our future going to be like, Jason?" She asked.

"Well, you'll be my lover and I'll be yours until we both die," I smiled. "Just like right now."

"Sounds good to me," She yawned. I kissed her forehead, and we both drifted off to sleep.

***

The next day, I went to visit my most important prisoner.

Annabeth Chase was being kept in one of our highest towers. I had heard of her intelligence, and had boarded up the window and put three guards in front of the door. Unless she had superpowers, there was no way she could escape.

"What do you want?" She asked as I sat down in the chair across from her. She had her son, whom she'd named Percy, in her arms.

"To talk," I replied. "About what's going to happen to you, and your son."

"We're going to be your slaves, aren't we?" She asked.

I saw no point in lying to her. "Yes."

"Why didn't you just kill us?" She asked. "Like you killed my husband?"

No one had told her about how we had crucified all the men, but she must've figured it out on her own. 

"I don't harm woman and children," I replied.

"You should," She replied. "We fought alongside our men. We should die with them, too."

I didn't know how to respond to that. "You and your son, along with all the other woman and children we captured, will remain here, in the palace. None of you will be sold."

She turned to look at me, as she had previously been staring out the window. "Well, aren't we lucky."

I didn't reply, and instead exited the room.