Ship

"I ship them so much" Misty sighed as she turned the page of the romance novel she was reading. Her best friend, Ash, cocked and eyebrow at her, confused.

"Ship? What do you mean?" He asked, clearly confused.

"I hope they get together at the end of the novel. Aria has two guys chasing after her and I ship her with Tony." Misty then sighed again. She absolutely adored romance.

"Could you read some to me Misty?" Ash said quite randomly and to Misty's surprise. She nodded at him.

He grinned and hopped up on Misty's bed with her and sat right next to her. She soon continued reading the book, expecting Ash to doze off or go somewhere else.

But no, Ash listened the whole time with her contently to her delight. He seem oddly interested the this book. He always used to make fun of Misty for reading romance books but now she has a feeling that might change.

However at one point, she stopped. She skimmed through the pages before reading them briefly and she decided that she really didn't want to read what looks like a pretty detailed kissing scene in front of her best friend. She just skipped that onto a much safer page.

"Why'd you skip that page Misty?" Ash asked while she thought of how to word her answer as to not make it awkward.

"I just didn't want to" She said after deciding that was a safe enough answer. However, Ash just frowned.

"Are you getting tired of reading? I'm sorry, how about I read."

And before Misty could even respond he started reading the page she hoped to avoid along with the rest of the book. He really didn't say anything about it which was nice but she did notice a faint blush on his cheeks at the end of the page she avoided along with a couple other ones.

"I knew Tony was perfect for her" Misty said happily as the ending worked out in her favor unlike some other books she read. They were laying down on her bed at the end and she draped her arm over his stomach casually, making Ash blush.

"Does stuff like that really happen?" Ash asked, looking directly at Misty. She just looked down.

"Unfortunately no, that's just a novel written by someone who could make the characters do what he wants" Misty said. "Unfortunately all guys I know and have met aren't like Tony."

Ash soon said "do you want something like that"

"Bits and pieces. Some romance yes but not something like that. That was a love story in the medieval times when not much else was going on. I'd want something similar but different. I don't want to have a boyfriend exactly like Tony.

"What would you like in a boyfriend?" Ash responded back.

If he wasn't her naturally curious best friend Misty would confront him on why he's asking her this. She just responded " I want a guy who is romantic but not over the top. Maybe someone who gives me flowers and oh! Chocolate. I love chocolate. Besides those sweet gestures, someone kind and smart. Someone who doesn't mind my temper and my inability to cook. A guy who reads would be nice so we could read together. Oh, definitely he would have to love Pokemon. If he likes pokemon battles or even contests that would be better. But, out of all the aspects I mentioned, the most important would be that he has to support me and love me."

Ash was trying really hard not to smile to big cause the thing is, Ash likes her. That's obviously information she doesn't know and he's using this opportunity to find out what she's looking for in a guy. From what she mentioned, he's perfect for her. He has to think of how to say it.

"Hey Misty?"

"Yea Ash?"

Ash took in a deep breath before nervously saying "you know how you were talking about how you shipped Aria and Tony before?"

"Mhm"

"Well I kind of ship you and me."

"You do?" Misty said softly. She was at a loss for words. She never though of Ash as more then a friend. But then again look at what she mentioned when she said what she wanted in a boyfriend. Everything she mentioned, besides the flowers and chocolate part, basically described Ash. She also didn't really like anyone else at the moment and who knows, maybe she'll fall in love with her best friend. Also considering the amount of girls he talks to, he may not be single for much longer if she denies him. The more she started thinking about it, the more she started to really see Ash and her together.

"Yea, I do" he responded quietly before Misty gave him a playful nudge. "Well maybe I do too."

That's all it took for Ash to immediately hug her tight. She responded back the same way and buried her head in his shoulder. Misty never has been a fan of hugs but Ash hugs she could definitely get used to.

Once Ash let go she immediately saw his big grin and couldn't help but smile along with him. "Do you want to go out tonight Misty?"

"Sure Ash, why not" she responded with a giggle. Being able to talk so comfortably around him due to knowing him for six years was so nice. She wanted someone she could quickly be comfortable around.

Ash smiled back. "We'll go to the new restaurant you wanted to go to. I'll make reservations at six."

"That sounds great Ash. Wait- It's three now! I don't think I couldn't get ready in that amount of-"

Ash cut her off "you look beautiful now, you may have to wear a dress to get into the place but you look fine now, don't stress."

"Ok fine but still, get out I need to get ready."

"Im leaving. I'm leaving" Ash said while he put his hands up. First he needed to go shopping for a suit and after that he was going to steel and idea from Tony to make Misty happier.

It was quarter after five when someone knocked on Misty's bedroom door. She opened it to see a rose on the floor with no Ash in sight. She remembered this scene from the book they read just hours earlier and she smiled brightly.

A note was present on it. Just a little heart with A and M inside. In the book Tony wrote T and A on a tree. Ash is a lot more clever then she gave him credit for but that's just one more thing she's excited to learn about him.

If someone told her even this morning she was going to read a romance novel with Ash Ketchum only to have him ask her on a date after it's over she wouldn't have believed them.

Now she can't help but ship her and Ash and feel like the luckiest girl in the entire world.