Exercise

E-exercise

Misty POV

"Hey Ash, you could really use some exercise." I say to him as he downs his third cheeseburger in a row. Not a surprising sight as he's always done this but it seems like he eats twice as much now then he did as a kid thus making me comment about it as I'm worried about his health.

"Why Mist? I'm fine the way I am." He responds back confused.

"I just think you should look into being healthier because for the past two weeks you haven't eaten a single vegetable or any food that would qualify as healthy."

"So your saying that you want me to be healthier?"

"Exactly." I say, happy that he finally got what I was trying to say.

"I am healthy though, I'm muscular and I have abs you know."

My head falls to the table at those words. Why do men associate health and muscle. I can't tell if it's just male instincts or his regular dense mind

I pick my head up and roll my eyes before saying "What abs Ashy?"

He pouts at the statement but then gets up and takes off his shirt.

"These abs Mist."

Ok I'll admit he has some barely visible definition on his stomach from traveling but definitely not enough to be considered abs. Honestly though I could care less if he had abs or not as I'd still think of him as handsome but just to annoy him I'll play along with this game.

"Ehh Gary has better." I sah nonchalantly but it makes Ash's jaw drop in shock. It's taking everything in me not to laugh or smile.

"Gary Oak Mist really?!" He gasps with over exaggerated disbelief and shock.

"Did someone call my name?" I hear a familiar voice say from outside the door. He opens it to reveal himself as none other then Gary Oak.

"Have no fear, Gary Oak is here to save you from Ashy-boy Red!"

"I'm fine here thanks." I say slowly before he turns to Ash.

"Ohh Ashy trying to look handsome for Red here. Well I think I've got you beat. And with that Gary takes off his shirt to reveal actual abs. Ash pouts at the realisation and I'm just staring in amusement.

"Your not handsome Gary." Ash responds back.

"Tell that to the fainting girls outside as I walk by, you're probably just jealous."

"The only girl I care about who just so happens to be my girlfriend is right over there so I really wouldn't want strangers or fangirls to faint over me. Nice try."

"Hmmh well We don't see her fawning over you do we."

I'm torn between laughing or just burying my head in my knees. All I told Ash to do was get some exercise to be healthier and that somehow turned into two shirtless guys standing in front of me arguing about who has the better body. Men.

"So Red? You and me tonight?" Gary says while turning back to me with a flirtatious wink. I roll my eyes.

"Sorry Gary, the less egotistical, nice guy/ boyfriend always wins you know." I say as I take Ash's hand and we run out the door.

"This isn't over Red." Gary shouts from the doorway as Ash and I get further away while we laugh.

As we continue to run Ash turns to me and says. "See Misty, I'm working on these abs as I'm exercising."

"Just running doesn't give you abs you know. Distance running helps but you would need to try core. Also sprinting would help. But anyway, you don't need abs, I like you the way you are. I just suggested more exercise to be healthier."

"Who cares about being healthier, I just need to exercise to beat Gary." He finishes before he starts sprinting.

I stop and stare in amusement as he runs up the block before collapsing in exhaustion.

This is why I don't tell him to to things.

________________________________
Writing this made me realize how much I miss Gary and that when the anime gets normal again, he needs to come back xD.

I hope you liked this one! I sure enjoyed writing it.