Grouch

G- grouch

Ash POV

"Ash Ketchem I said go away." My girlfriend said as she hid herself under the covers of her bed. We went to sleep at around midnight and currently it's four in the morning. I have a pretty important reason for waking her up though.

"Aww but Mistyy, I want to spend time with you before I have to go to work." I whined with a pout as I pulled the covers off her face. I work for the league and I never know when I'm getting home so I always like to spend time with her when I can.

"At four in the morning really! Today's my off day!"

"Which is why you can sleep later" I said as I crawled next to her and buried my face in her hair. "Can't I spend some time with you?"

"At four in the morning, no." She said back as she pushed me off the bed and went back under the covers.

"You're grouchy." I huffed, disappointed. "At four in the morning I think I'm allowed to be a grouch." Misty retorted back.

"Fine then, I'll have to convince you." I said as she sighed "how do you think your gonna do that?"

I laughed quietly and ran downstairs. I pulled out some pre-made chocolate chip pancakes Eventually with the help of the microwave, I had two stacks of chocolate chip pancakes. I put them back in microwave to stay warm.

I go back up stairs to see her glaring at me. "What did you do?"

"Heated up pancakes." I laughed back at her. She groaned and mumbled some words I couldn't understand. "You have to spend a bit of time with me after we eat though, when you're more awake. Or better yet, spend time with me now!"

"Won't the pancakes get cold?" Misty huffed while I responded "come on you grouch, lighten up. You get to spend time with me!"

"Wonderful" Misty said with a sarcastic eye roll. I pout again. "Come on Misty, I know you love me."

"Not at this hour I don't." She responds as she flips over to face away from me.

"Lets just go down Misty, the pancakes will get cold. They're chocolate chip, your favorite."

"Why didn't you say they're chocolate chip in the first place!" Misty says as she jumps up, grabs my hand, and runs down the stairs. "Wow Ms grouch, all I had to do was mention chocolate. You seem to love food more then me."

...

Once we're done I lead her to the couch, grab a blanket and hold her close. "I'm still annoyed at you for waking me up on my off day but, this wasn't a terrible idea Ash" she says with a small smile.

"To bad I only have 5 minutes. We spent so much time cleaning." I said back to her.

Now she's the one that's pouting. "We did because I'm not cleaning alone and I don't want to look at a bunch of dirty dishes all day." She says as she plays with some of the hair on the nape of my neck, making me sigh. I really really don't want to go to work.

Unfortunately, I do have to go to work so I have to get up and get ready. It's quarter to six so I should get going even though talonflame could get me there in no time.

Just as I'm about to head out the door Misty comes over and gives me a kiss. "Sorry I was such a grouch earlier.. I was tired and all but I love you, you lug."

I give her a hug "It's fine Misty and I love you too, I'll see ya later."

Just as I walk outside and take out talonflame's pokeball I realise something that causes me to head inside.

"What did you forget?" Misty asks while I sheepishly rub the back of my head.

"I forgot I don't have work today. Now though we can spend the day together!" I said with a big grin and she falls to the floor with a groan.

________________________________
G was a tough letter to use but I like it. I hope you enjoyed.