"Second it's a lot different when girls stare at me than when guys stare at you."

"Ooh I'm excited to hear this." Misty says as she closes her locker and leans up against it.

I clear my throat and try not to look directly into her eyes before I speak. "I don't flirt with girls who talk to me like you do with guys."

Misty just laughs slightly "you are so jealous"

Before I can even respond the bell rings so she gets up off her locker to walk to marine biology. I unfortunately chose to take physics so I have to walk in the opposite direction of where Misty is headed.

"Saved by the bell Ashy, I'll see you later" she says as she kisses my cheek and winks at me, leaving me gaping in the dust, my face still red from that unexpected kiss.

"So So Ashy boy, started a little fling with Misty now did you?"

That snapped me out of my gaze as I slowly turned to give a glare Gary's way. "First of all we are not a thing and second of all even is we were something, it wouldn't be a fling."

I tried to say the second part quietly but Gary did hear me and started to grin like crazy. " I knew it I knew it! You do like Misty! She's been liking you since the sixth grade, you've gotta go for her, especially with all the attention she's been getting. Earth to Ash, come on Ash, stop daydreaming! You've got it bad for Misty don't you."

I didn't even notice I was daydreaming to be honest but Gary was right when he said it was about Misty. Obviously I'm not going to tell him that.

"Wait wait wait, the sixth grade! And don't you think I've realised all the attention she's been getting lately?!"

"Yes the sixth grade, you really are slow at these things. Anyway, I've heard that Dorian Mizu has hopes for asking Misty on a date. You know, he's the one in our math class, the one who's a life guard and surfs all the time. Misty can't wait on you forever and I'm sure she'll say yes. I'd make your move soon.

This didn't make me angry, this made me scared but I know what I have to do.

"Ash where ya goin'? Physics is the other way!"

"I've gotta do something Gary, I'm gonna be late!"

I think he responded but I couldn't hear him. At this point it doesn't matter. I can't wait any longer.

I just barge into the room, everyone's doing an assignment but I just look directly at Misty.

"Sorry, I just need to borrow her for a moment, I'll be back."

"But sir you can't-"

I don't let the teacher respond as I grab Misty's hand and dragged her out of the room after sending a harsh glare Dorian's way.

"What are you doing Ash, I was in the middle of an important assignment! I only have forty minutes!" Misty hisses. I can tell by her tone she's about to explode.

"Gary said- uh never mind, let me start over" I said, capturing her hands in mine. "Well anyway Misty I wanted to tell you something important."

She looks unimpressed "while I'm missing my favorite class."

"Ehehe sorry about that... I realise how that the timing isn't exactly ideal" I said sheepishly "But after Gary told me Dorian had a thing for you I just needed to-"