EXERCISE RESULTS: Developing Your Story

While surfing one of the clubs, I found the perfect example of a fellow Wattpader sharing advice about using a story outline in an attempt to help someone else who was challenged with not knowing how to develop his story past the first few chapters. I've included the contents of that advice here so that you might see this in application.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been told doing an outline of your story helps. Like what you want to achieve in each chapter. I just started doing this and it's actually helped me some because I get the boring stuff in there so I don't rush the story. Though I'm not sure I'm doing it exactly right but this is how I do it.

Example:

CH1 Jade; Meets Luke and Ashton. Caleigh hit with ball. Invited out to dinner. Flirts with Ashton.

CH2 Caleigh; Lunch. Flirts with Luke. Jealous of how easy it is for Jade to be accepted. Give more insight on Caleigh.

CH3 Luke; Walks back to the resort with Ashton getting ready for work. Ashton tells them about how Luke broke an american girls nose. Ends with the boys beginning work by singing "My sunshine"

CH4 Jade; Wakes up early because she isnt able to sleep. Goes on a walk on the beach and runs into Ashton. They talk and get to know each other a little better and she informs him that Caleigh and the others are now members at this resort so they can take advantage of their gym and and what not. Ashton; Walks Jade back to the beach house and Caleigh is upset Luke isnt with him. He meets the others living in the house and heads back out to the beach to meet the boys.

I just did the basic idea...it has helped keep the story going for me and forcing me to stick to keeping things in order and not rushing it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, you see, folks, there really is something to this outline thing. What's important here to note is that your outline is there to help you map/scope out your story. It doesn't have to be perfect. It's there to help you develop the plot. So, it can be as simple or elaborate as you wish.