Choosing a title is one of those things that if you don't get it just right, you have a tendency to lose your readers before you even get them, especially here on Wattpad. So, I've got great news. I've put together a list of DON'TS to follow when choosing your title.
1) DON'T make your title 90-miles long. Are you kidding me? Who wants to read a title that is at least a paragraph in length?
2) DON'T use a title that gives no clue about your story. If your story is about ice cream, don't title it Eating Hot Dogs in the Park. Say what?
3) DON'T be afraid to use your title as a mechanism of intrigue. Like your cover and blurb, your title is supposed to grab potential readers. Given a choice between these two titles, which would you find more interesting: A Month on the Farm or Wild Days and Sizzling Nights in Cantona? See what I mean?
4) DON'T be afraid to inject humor into your title. Sometimes a funny title is just the ticket to grab a reader.
Per request, below are examples of humorous titles. Some are real book titles, others were created by me for fun.
Examples of real book titles that are humorous in nature:
1. Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining by Judy Sheindlin.
2. Beauty Fades, Dumb is Forever by Judy Sheindlin
3. Everything Was Fine Until Whatever by Chelsea Martin
4. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
Funny titles examples that I created:
1. My Neighbor is Psycho, But I Gotta Have Him: A Girl's Survival Guide
2. The Best One-liner Breakup Texts: All You Need to Know
3. My Teacher Turned Me into a Werewolf
For more tips on choosing a title, here's a great blog post written by Karen Woodward: http://blog.karenwoodward.org/2013/05/4-things-to-keep-in-mind-when-choosing.html