• ninety five • blue

A/N: The sequel to this book is published! It's just the intro but I recommend you have a look😏

Penelope's POV

"I'm bricking it Ella, I'm getting married." I tell her.
"It's terrifying Pen. But it's also the best day of your life, obviously apart from Clara being born."
"I know, but there's always that thing in the back of your mind. I keep thinking he's going to walk away from me, say no, like he's just got back with me for spite and not going to go through with it." I worry.
"Penelope, you're being silly. He loves you so much. Also, he just doesn't have the heart to do that to someone, now matter how much he hates them."
"True, he's got a big heart." I softly smile.
"Come on, our appointment is in twenty minutes." Ella says finishing off her coffee and standing up.
I carry Clara down to the car and strap her in, giving her a small kiss on the head and then getting into the drivers seat.
Ella and I are going to get our hair and nails done, we're meeting Josh so he can take Clara off me whilst we go.
"Be good gorgeous." I say handing over my baby to my brother.
"She always is, right have fun, don't worry yourself about anything." Josh smiles and gives me hug before parting off.

I remember having the same chat with the hairdressers when Ella was getting married and it makes me smile. I get new extensions put in, get it dyed midnight blue and I decide I'm just going to have my hair down for the wedding. Ella and I both get royal blue acrylics done which look beautiful. Royal blue is the colour for the wedding.
I ordered royal blue ties for all the boys last night and it got me all excited.

We pay and then decide to get a coffee and a sandwich from a cafe.

Penny Bradley👩🏻‍💻 @PennBrads16
Had to match the wedding colours as much as possible😊

Penny Bradley👩🏻‍💻 @PennBrads16Had to match the wedding colours as much as possible😊

"It's so nice to just a have a quiet afternoon with my bestie." I smile at Ella from across the small table.
"It really is, let's try and keep as chill and drama free until after the wedding hey?" She smiles back and takes a swig of her coffee.
"Definitely." I reply.
I drive Ella back home before driving myself back to the house where Josh said he'll meet me with Clara.

I have a long conversation with Freya about the venue and the food and just everything to do with the big day. I'm so excited but I'm so nervous at the same time.
"You'll be fine Pen, remember how much I was crapping myself?" Freya giggles.
"Yeah I know but I'll be a shaking wreck on the day." I laugh.
"I know you will be, but as soon as you see Simon's face it'll all go away, I promise". She smiles at me and takes my hands.
"I just can't believe I'm getting married, like after all we've been through, it's finally over. No more cheating, no more lying, just us and our family." I smile at he thought of our future.

"What you talking about?" Simon comes in asking.
"The wedding." I say and I see a smile appear on his face.
"I can't wait to see your dress, I like your hair by the way." Simon tells me, sitting down next to me.
"Thank you." I smile and show him my nails too.
"Matching, I love it." She grins and puts his arm round my shoulder.
"Well I'll leave you two to write this guest list and I'll be in the kitchen, pizza and chips for tea?" Freya asks and Simon and I both say yes.
"Right invites. List all the people you want."
We come up with a list and confirm it with each other.
"Perfect." I smile and cuddle into him, switching to ITV to watch Emmerdale, which Simon is secretly getting into now as well.
It turns into a perfect night with our friends, films and yummy snacks.