• seventy five • skiing

Three weeks later

Simon's POV

"We're off to France skiing with everyone!" Penny says to her camera.
"We have all the sidemen, all the pack. Ella, Paige, Sarah, Cal, Cal, Manny, Freya, Emily, Jordan and Kayleigh. the whole squad. Twenty three people together for four days. Let's see how this goes." I laugh, standing next to her.
We decide on the seven couples going in one house and then all the singletons are in the bigger one we rented. Kayleigh and Vik are coming into the couples house as they're kind of a 'friends with benefits' kind of thing.
Once into the houses we all settle down and unpack. After a couple of hours we all meet again for dinner.
"I would love to be super formal and make a toast to my beautiful best friend and her wonderful fiancé and their baby. We all wish you all the best and a healthy pregnancy, may God be on your side this time around." Preston smiles. "Here's to the trip organisers and upcoming parents!" He says and we all clink glasses.
We laugh and talk all evening, probably pissing the whole restaurant off.
While everyone heads out for a few drinks Penny and I head back to the house and watch a movie, we watch finding Dory.
"What would you say to a little fun upstairs whilst everyone is out?" I whisper in her ear leaving a kiss on her neck.
"I would say yes." She smirks and turns off the TV to follow me to the bedroom.

Freya's POV

"I think our upcoming parents are having a little bit of alone time." I laugh, using Preston's name for them after opening the door.
"Oh god." Ella laughs.
"Let's stay out here for ten." Paige suggests and we all agree that's a good idea.

The next day
Penelope's POV

@PennBrads16: day one! (Yes we'll be putting coats on lmao) @JordanJaymon2 ❤❤ ft Kay and Simon's backs👌🏼

@PennBrads16: #suckinthatbellysotheydontknow🍼 lol

I delete that second tweet straight away so only people who have my notifications on saw that properly.

@PennBrads16: Notifications squad, keep quiet about that last tweet😉

@username: @PennBrads16 I saw it ahhhh!!

@username: I deleted it nooooo

@PennBrads16: We're filming the project reveal whilst away but you'll see it in two weeks!

As I lean against the sink my mind goes blank, I can't hear, I'm just staring at my own reflection. The image of my wrists cut open and spilling out with blood in that bathtub flows into my brain. It's all I can think about. Maybe Hannah is right, maybe I am just a psychopath. Lydia didn't word it exactly like that, she was telling her about my psychosis and she took it wrong. I wouldn't blame her if she did word it exactly how Hannah said. It's true isn't it? I really am. What am I doing having a baby? This kid will be fucked if it has me as a mother.
I force myself to snap out of it and come back to knocking on the door and voices on the other side. It's Jerome, Josh and Kay.
"Coming." I shout and splash some cold water onto my bare face and exit with a fake smile spread across my face.

"Ella, could you do me some Dutch braids please?" I ask her on the way over to the slopes so we all have to stop so Ella can do my hair as I can't do it without a mirror.
"There you go hunny." She smiles and everyone giggles at the fact we made them all stop.
"Carry on." I smile ushering everyone.
"Boy or girl Pen?" Lachlan asks, lagging behind with us girls after a while.
"Boy, defiantly." I say back.
"I get the boy vibes too." He smiles back. "You excited?"
"It doesn't really feel real yet but yeah I'm starting too."
"It doesn't feel real until you've seen your child on that ultrasound and have the little pictures. It's an overwhelming magical experience and I can't wait for you to experience it." Freya smiles.
"What's wrong Ells?" I ask noticing her looking a little down.
"I just sometimes wish what almost was, actually was. I see you all happy with your baby and I just sort of wish I was with you." She says and I pull her to my side.
"It'll happen when it's meant to happen, don't get yourself down about it doll. You'll get your happiness." I smile kissing her on the cheek. She can't help but smile back.

Once on the slopes we set up the go pros for the vlogs and Vik stays behind with Simon, JJ, Tobi and Paige who have never been skiing before and is showing them the basics and stuff. The pack, Ethan, Emily and I are zooming down straight away having a blast. Rob and Preston end up smashing into each other so I stop to vlog them as I find it hilarious.
"I ship it, poofless." I laugh and Ella laughs along.
We help them up and continue on our way down.

@PennBrads16: Such a good first day! Waiting for Josh, Mitch, Manny, Lux and Sarah to get back with food 😴

@KayWordley: @PennBrads16 is forever eating and forever hungry😂 🍟

Once all cuddled up with Simon on the couch having a relaxing evening with the other couples I get a text from my father

Dad: hello Penny, when will you be back from skiing?? xx
You: In three days, why? xx
Dad: Could you pop to Reading? Xx
You: Whyy? Has something happened? Xx
Dad: Yeah.. I want you to come and collect mum's stuff. I have this girlfriend and she's moving in as she has nowhere else to go. Xx
You: Oh. Okay
Dad: I know it's a big thing for you Penny but I have to move on. I loved your mother and I don't know if I could ever love someone as much as her but I need to let go xx
You: It'll just take a little taking used to, but sure Josh and I can pop up on the way back from the airport x
Dad: Thank you sweetheart, I've already told Josh :) xx
You: Okay, I love you xx
Dad: I love you too poppet. Xx

"You ready to meet her?" Josh asks over my shoulder.
"No." I huff. "It'll be weird, seeing dad with another woman who isn't Mum. I could never see her as my mother, never."
"and you won't be expected to Penny, don't worry bub." He says and comes to sit next to me on the couch to watch something on TV.