• fourty one • aiden

*Three months later*

Penelope's POV

I pretty much just don't want to live in my own body anymore. I hate these feelings everyday. I haven't been taking care of myself, I've been helping Freya and Josh prepare for the baby which could arrive any day now, I've been helping Ella with moving into Jack's place and helping them house hunt. Simon and I are still going strong which is good but my mood is dying. I sit at Simon's desk whilst all the boys are out at a football game and start to cry.
"Penny?!" I hear Freya shout from downstairs.
"Yeah?" I about back.
"Come here." She shouts back seriously.
"What's happened." I ask rushing downstairs.
"My waters just broke." She says looking up and me and over at the wet breakfast bar stool.
"Oh god, okay. Ring Josh I'll get your bag and I change of clothes." I say frantically.
"Okay, hey." She says stopping me.
"Huh?"
"I'm about to have a baby, you're about to be an auntie." She grins widely. I smile with her.
"I love you Frey, thank you for all the pain you're about to go through." I say genuinely meaning it and jogging up to her room to grab her hospital bag whilst she gets in my car. I grab her a pair of jeans and a top along with one of Josh's SDMN hoodies and join her in the car where she is on the phone to Josh whilst having a contraction.
"Josh won't be here for hours as he is in the stadium now and will have to fight the train and then Saturday traffic. He might miss it Pen, what will I do?" She asks getting worked up.
"I'll be there for you Freya, I won't let you go this alone. I promise." I smile squeezing her hand reassuringly whilst she starts to groan from the pain of another contraction and I try to drive as fast as I can.
We get her into the maternity ward and the midwives hook her up to the machines straight away. They put her on gas and air and then deliver the news that she won't be able to have an epidural as she's to far into labour.
"No, I'm begging you please." She cries.
"I'm sorry Freya you have to do this, you're to far gone it wouldn't be safe."
"Pen, I don't think I can do this, I need Josh." She says crying again. I perch on the chair next to the bed and hold her hand.
"You are Freya Nightingale, she can do anything. Josh will be here I promise, he wouldn't miss the birth of his son for the world. Just think in a few hours you will have a beautiful baby, a son, your son. You have to believe in yourself Frey because I believe in you, Josh believes in you, Simon believes in you, even JJ believes in you." I smile and she nods.
"Okay, I can do it." She smiles giving my hand a squeeze. "Can you do me a favour Pen?" She asks.
"Sure."
"Put my hair up for me?" She giggles.
"Of course." I smile and take the hairband from my wrist and tie her hair into a bun to keep it out her face.
"Are you ready?" The midwife, whose name is Sophie, asks and Freya smiles and nods. I take her hand as the midwife instructs her what to do. She starts pushing and squeezes my hand hard, but I'm not even thinking about complaining that it hurts because I know that's nothing to what Freya is feeling.
"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10" Sophie counts slowly and Freya stop pushing for a second then starts again, this happens three times over before the head is out.
"He's a blondie." Sophie giggles and Freya smiles widely.

Josh's POV

"Guys, keep up. I'm about to be a dad." I shout at Simon, Vik and JJ as we run through the hospital carpark. My heart is beating so fast, I'm scared I'll miss the birth of my first child.
"My fiancé's in labour, what room is she in?" I demand as I reach the desk completely out of breath.
"Names?" The calm reception lady asks.
"I'm Joshua Bradley and my fiancé is Freya Nightingale." I pant trying to catch my breath.
"She's just down the hall, room 6, your sister is in with her. Your friends will have to wait outside though."
"Thank you so much." I say running down the hall and instruct the boys to wait there as I rush into the room.
"I'm here, I'm so sorry." I say looking at the scene before me, I freeze for a second to take it all then come to my senses and take over for Penelope who was holding Freya's hand.
"I'm glad your here." She smiles as the midwife instructs her to push again. A few pushes and he's completely here.
"8:34pm, male." One of the other midwives say as soon as he is fully born. He's placed on Freya's chest and I instantly fall in love with him and Freya all over again. I give Frey a quick kiss before returning looks to our son.
"Well done gorgeous." I smile and she gives me a smile back.
They take him away to weigh him and clean him up.
"Told you you could do it." Penny smiles looking teary eyed.
"8 pound 5 ounces." Sophie speaks and hands her back to Freya.
"Thank you for being with her Pen." I smile giving my sister a massive hug. Penelope takes a photo and sends it to Freya to post on Instagram. I take my own photo to post.