Determination

Second chapter! Whoohoo! :D I hope you all enjoy!

***********************************************************

Keeley fell asleep on the floor late that night, and didn’t wake up until the afternoon. While she was grinding her teeth in her sleep, Stephen took the free opportunity and went to the computer, shorting bringing up the internet.

As he typed and scrolled through the web, Keeley choked on her own breath for a little bit, before falling back comfortably into her slumber. Stephen rolled his eyes as he browsed on the bright blue laptop of Keeley’s.

He found what he had been looking for just as Keeley chortled awake ungracefully. She rolled over twice, heading straight towards the coffee table. Stephen just leaned back in amusement and watched her slow process into wake. He sipped his tea dramatically as she thumped her head against the coffee table leg, and she yelped a cry as she rolled over again and finally sat up, dazed, and with a birds’ nest upon her head.

She just sent her father a sleepy gaze and stumbled out of sight, slamming the bathroom door shut a minute later. A crashing sound was followed by a string of curses, and Stephen rolled his eyes as he stood up, pushing the laptop onto the couch.

“Language, my dear!” He cheerfully sang. He only got several curse words in response.

Stephen grabbed his coat and his car keys.

“I’ll be back later!” He shouted to his daughter, who was too busy asleep on the toilet to answer.

Stephen swept through the traffic of London with ease, and it was about half an hour until he reached the large studio building. With bold lettering etched on the building front, Stephen gazed up at the Sony Music Entertainment studio. It was a nice, large building, with moderately modern architecture. Stephen held his video camera in his coat pocket as he bundled inside the building, his stomach buzzing with anxiousness. He was doing this for his daughter, for his little Hummingbird. She was his world, and if he couldn’t do this simple act for her, he would never forgive himself.

Keeley had an amazing voice that captivated every single person who heard it, Stephen knew it, everyone who had heard Keeley knew it. If only the world knew it.

After having a quick chat with the receptionist, Stephen was directed to the elevator, where he would need to go up to level three. As he studied the classy elevator, he still felt strange deep down as he was surrounding by strange calmness.

He was no longer a target of snipers and guns. He was just a simple father here, growing too old for his job. He was in the army, and had been since he was twenty years old. He had done six tours, and he knew it was time to retire to an office where he could do his job to a perfect scale. He was no longer a young man with great energy and strong muscles. He still had a good build, but he wasn’t twenty. He was over forty years old.

He and Keeley were originally from Ireland, but he had relocated only several months ago. Leaving Keeley’s mother in the cemetery in Mullingar, they had packed up and moved to Stover, London.