Stole My Heart

One Direction fanfic! I've never done one before, but I've been doing as much research as possible so my facts are good and everything fits properly! This will contain adventure, humour, romance and, of course, fan fiction! :D I hope you all enjoy, and if not, well, tell me what i can improve on!!

Dedicated to kiara-stephanie, a new friend who loves 1D fanfics! :D

Happy reading, folks!

****************************************************

Her strong, powerful voice blew her audience away. Everyone stopped their uncomfortable shuffling in their seats, their eyes glued to the petite girl sitting at the piano bench, singing beautifully into the microphone propped before her mouth. It was captivating, nothing no one had ever seen before.

With such rawness, such strength and emotion, her voice grew even more powerful, leaving her crowd edging on their seats in enthrallment. Her pale blonde locks where splayed over her shoulders, and cascaded down her chest with liveliness and softness.

Contestants, either having performed, or getting prepared to perform, all stopped their activities to move to the sides of the stage, peering through the curtains with wide eyes as the girl truly sang through her soul.

Her opponents, needless to say, were growing increasingly worried about their own performances as the girl exceeded far beyond theirs.

She sang Cosmic Love, by Florence and the Machine, and smashed it out the park with her piano version. She had people’s hearts skipping beats, mouths agape with awe as she kept getting higher and higher.  It was as if she had no limit, no end. As her voice grew in power and octaves, everyone decided as one, she didn’t have a limit.

She perfected the high notes with a cherishing greatness, and twirled the song in her very own fingers, making it hers. No one cared anymore about Florence and the Machine’s version; they were hooked on this one small girl, who seemed to shift the world with each word that she sang.

When her voice drizzled to a stop, there was a tidal wave of standing ovation. People cheered, they whistled, they applauded. In the ocean of the crowd, hundreds of eyes gazed at the girl with enticement. She pulled herself from the piano bench and curtsied to her audience, smiling widely, her dimples glancing in the stage lighting. She searched through the crowd, to find her father with his camera raised high over the standing, clustered audience. She grinned and waved to him. He sent her a wink as he lowered his camera.

Stephen Harrison watched his daughter with pulsing pride, his aura bursting happily at the sight of his little girl performing. She was really amazing. He hadn’t seen her perform for so long, and to see her own the stage, even by using such a small amount of space, she captivated each and every person watching. After a full minute, everyone began to get comfortable in their seats again, shuffling around as the cheers finally died down.

At the front of the audience was a temporarily platform table, with three adults seated, all smiling with disbelief at the performance. One, the principle, Mr Allen, was clapping his hands rapidly in dedication to his moderately new student. He had been quite fond of her since their meeting, and now she was his idol. Beside him was the music teacher, Miss Excel. And on the other end sat a charity worker for homeless citizens in need. He was there to represent the winner their prize money, and also announce the amount of money that would be donated to the homeless. It was a charity event, and each parent, family member or friend that walked in the auditorium, entered at a small cost, which was donated to the cause. Outside the auditorium had been a set up stand for food and drinks. The charity worker, Peter Castle, would also assist in making the decision.

The judges all smiled happily at Keeley as she gave the thumbs up before walking off the stage.

All the judges shared a quick exchange of words and excited grins as they gushed, their heads bowed close together.