Chapter 11: Ecstacy

Great Britain, 2017

You fluttered your eyes open and looked above you. The ceiling was made out of achromatic white tiles. In the center was a bright light, which you presumed came out of a light bulb. Wait, light bulb? The shock on your face was priceless! You were back! You were truly back! A beautiful, gentle, smile made its way to your Salmon-red lips. You stood up and immediately went upstairs to the living room. Seeing your cousin, Thalia, you hugged her with all your might. Yes, she was mean, but she was still your cousin and you missed her!

Thalia stayed quiet for about 4 seconds. "Ugh, get off me, freak!" she shouted, pushing you away. She looked at you from head to toe and gave you a disgusted look. "Wait, you're back?! Why?! You shouldn't have come back! You should've stayed in that place because you don't belong in this world!"

"Thalia, there's no need to shout," you chided, but your voice was soothing, like a sister's. "I know that I never agreed with you once, and we never got along.. but please, Thalia, make me feel like a part of the family at least once."

"You were never part of our family," she stated coldly. "You were a burden. You were nothing, (Y/n). You know, it's a good thing your parents died! They don't have to deal with you anymore!"

You slapped her face violently. It left a red mark on her once pale cheeks. She stared straight into your piercing, (e/c) eyes with wide eyes and a parted mouth. Tears streamed from your eyes and down to your neck.

"Don't you dare bring my parents into this. They deserved something better than death," you said in sobs. "I have been very patient with you, Thalia. I treated you well like a sister. But I have my limitations, which you have just crossed. And I assure you, the next time you cross it again, you will not just get a slap in the face." You turned your back harshly and walked away, towards your bedroom.

Thalia stood there, pondering your words. She snickered. "Does she think she scared me? Only a fool would think that." She shook her head disapprovingly and went down to the basement. "DAD!"

You closed the door gently and huffed. Think happy thoughts, (Y/n). Aha! You excitedly went to your cabinet and took all the folded clothes out, revealing a chest, engraved with beautiful, black swirls. You smiled and took it to your work desk. It's been a while. You took the key from your drawer and unlocked the chest. Hearing the click of the lock, you opened it, revealing black and white photos of your parents; some included you in the pictures. In the very bottom, there was a journal. You took it and laid it on the desk, flipping it into a certain page.

April, 29, 2001

"Dear Diary..

..but I believe that anyone can make a change, big or small."

You sighed and got your pen from the chest. It was the same, old, calligraphy pen from which you wrote your most recent entry. You proceeded with writing a thousand words. They were all done perfectly with lovely hand strokes and great writing skills. You felt so attached to the entry you were writing that it felt as though you were living in that exact moment, with Xalvador, Corrianne, Odelette, and lastly, George. Every detail of your experiences were written in the entry, together with every emotion, every detail, engraved with ink. You were happy with the outcome. The words were chosen perfectly to describe ecstasy. 

Finally, you set down the pen and looked at your written work. It was a masterpiece of "perfection." You decided to go outside to see the neighborhood once again, but there was a problem with your clothing. Searching and scanning for a wearable top in a cold weather, you found a sweater. You wore it, along with pants, a scarf and a thick coat. The gown was hung on a hanger as a decoration. It served as a reminder and a souvenir from your trip to the 18th Century.