Chapter 10 : Merdicus

To : xSweetEnchantmentx, for always reading my books and urging me to upload. You inspire me so much :). And I really want to thank you for it. Straight from my heart,. So here's my gratitude. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I wish you keep smiling and keep inspiring others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              Chapter 10 : Merdicus

Lucinda was shaking me violently by the time my mind was wondering what for God's sake the door was banging for.

"Get up you sleepyhead! Do I have to blow your head off for you to wake up! Huh?," Lucinda barked. "The Institute has some announcements to make and the Patrols are here to get us. Now get dressed slimeball!" She let go of my shirt and trudged to her chair, drumming her fingers on the wooden armrest. She eyed me on chin level, I softened my stare, she noticed this and looked at me in the eye.

I saw right away why she changed her attitude. The Patrols, as she called them, are installing the new cameras today and she can't let anyone know what's happening here in the Jibb room. I remember her say before, was it yesterday?, "They're putting up the new cameras by tomorrow, this will be our last talk about the Jibb room and my personal data's and yours. So if thou hast any to tell me, let it be now. We can still talk in secret but it will have to be venued outside of this room. If we may ever have the chance to be out of this hell, that is."

I gave a silent yes directly to her, she saw the message and twitched her eye. Hurry.

I threw on some dry gray shirt, adn some white pants. SInce there were no shoes or anything that goes into my feet around here, I decided to go barefoot. It's not like I have any other choice.

"Ready?," Lucinda mouthed. I glanced at her and looked right back at the doorknob. Yes.

She grip the knob until her knuckles turned pale, she seemed unwilling to open it, as if it was her first time. Seeing her relutancy, I laid my hands on hers.

"It will be okay." I gave her a reassuring smile. Is it really you, Lisanna?, I mentally asked Lucinda, she seemed not to read the message. I turned away, hands still on hers. I grippeed at her hands and she shot me an uncomfortable look, like a monster might pounce on her once the door is opened.

Lucinda was my duty now, seeing as though I have lost Hasmariva. I would protect all those dear to me. Lisanna was my closest friend back then, and she left. She left with the scar I gave her. I didn't mean it to be that way, I swear. We were only playing and I pulled her out of the swing because of the incoming storm. The next thing I knew, she was covering her hands, all bloody and pale. And where was Master Gudo that time? The rained started to fall on our bodies. The pool of water beneath Lisanna was drowned in blood, she kept staring. Staring staring staring. DOw at her blood. Her eyes wide with fear and pain. All she could do was bite her lip and produce a silent scream of agony. It's my fault she had to experience that pain at an early age. And now, it still is my fault that Hasmariva is gone. And that people maybe hurting her or making her taste her own blood.

Lucinda placed her hand on mine, we stood there for seconds. Gazing at each others eye. "You are not that person, Merdicus." She smiled. "There is a difference between, distance and past, although, you have made them quite a fit together. You are putting distance to who you were when you were three, when in fact it already was your past. Look forward to future, there are much to be done."