Chapter 2 : Hasmariva

'Good Morrow, my wench. I left for the sun on east, shalt thou wishest a walk, thou come anon as thine eyes wake,' said the letter sitting on the table that now homes my palm.

I affix my gaze on the flower near where I picked the letter, it looked freshly picked.

Guess I, Merdicus took on just the while before.

I put on my morning perfume that conceives freshly upturned soil, forest breeze over the golden sun rays, leaf fallen from moderate jungle blow. My perfume smelled of what I loved above all. Nature. The forest. The wilderness. The horizon.

Setting on the back porch of my house, the white vintage tiles were cold and dusty on my feet. I breathe in the fresh air of the beach, never failing to amuse me. And, there he stood.

"Merdicus!," I stifle a belly laugh. "I had had wondered why a  such, lead thou for wandering," I look up at the rising sun. Hot, and fresh and . . . Merdicus. I look back at him. That eyes. I glance back at the sun. His eyes has the sun's yellow, it changes color as the sun, too, does upon.

I just think, just maybe, that shade will forever remind me of his eyes, Ever changing and yet ever constant. Still him, anytime of the day.

"Young man, what haste has lead thee mighty amongst the sands? Eh?," I look at the shape of his body, grinning at myself for having a friend like him.

"Grammercy! Hasmariva." He answered, totally ignoring everything I had said. He showed a perfect smile. Okay, I knew he meant a thanks for me letting him stay last night. His grin showed everything his words said.

A small crab made its way to my left foot, "Fie! Fie!," I grasp in shock at the tiny creature climbing in my foot. "Down you beast! Down! Down! I say down!," I shake my foot in vain hope to toss the crab away. This creature wilt thou scar, Hasmariva.

"Wherefore, Hasmariva? What is happening yonder?," He breaks into a dash as I keep shaking and shaking the creature away.

"Away! You beast! Or the heavens shalt aflict thou a chide! Away! Away! Fie!," I keep shaking. I'm losing control over my body. I begin to tense, and shake uncontrollably.

"Halt, Hasmariva!" He's only a step closer.

I slowly raise my foot, showing him the small crab. It's crawling, crawling. Thou do someth'ng, Merdicus! The small creature stopped. Merdicus bent down and took hold of the small creature. An inch across, and twice as column.

Merdicus laughed a breath.

I got annoyed and said, "What?," arching up my eyebrows. Intensifying my gaze, hoping he settles down.

All of a sudden, his laughter got louder and louder. But the way he laughed, and the timbre of every skip of his laugh, there was nothing more in the world that could mimic them. Not even a recorder.

"Why art thou laughing, Merdicus? Thou not know of the saying 'small and terrible'?," he laughed even and louder and softer.

"An' wherefore, Merdicus?," I say, not totally a question.

He threw the crab away, and looked at me with watery eyes. Either from laughing so hard, or from the sand that the wind took with it. He laughed yet another outburst.

I felt tear well up in my eyes. "Wherefore, friend? I had thought that thou taketh not jest from thine own friend. Thought I. . " I turned my back on him. Turned my back on those light, warm, yellow eyes. Now I faced the sun. What? It was easy to look past that sun and see only him. Now, silent tears was threatening to fall. I hope this sun would'st dry mine eyes, if it please thee, Lord. I blink, knowing the tear of embarrassment would fall and the wind shall carry the weight of my shame. Alas, it did not fall.