Epilogue

Deep in the hottest, blackest and evilest part of Darkvoid dimension, Mortimer was roused from his malevolent dreams by the sound of tormented crying, filled with pain. As he awoke, he cursed the one who had disturbed his slumber, with red eyes flashing in fury. Then, in a swirl of silver mist, he lost his original form and took the appearance of a remarkably handsome, young man with pale, almost translucent skin, coal eyes and raven hair. His clothes were the colour of the moon and he had small crystal diamonds in the shape of skulls on his sleeves.

As Mortimer studded his unusual handsomeness in the mirror before him, which he had just conjured out of thin air with lethargic ease, he smiled at himself, displaying a set of perfectly straight, white teeth. Boy did he love being the most powerful being the entire world!

Almost the most powerful being in the entire world. You're forgetting the one person who was able to outshine your talents all those countless years ago, which ensured that you became entangled in this foul imprisonment.

At this infuriating thought, Mortimer growled menacingly and clenched his fists so hard that his long, thin nails bit into his flesh, drawing blood.

"Not for long though!" he sharply muttered, underneath his breath. "Soon, if all goes to plan, I'll hold that title and many others in the near future and my old foe, Vladimir Achilles Alcaeus," Mortimer said triumphantly, his eyes flashing. "Will be no more."

With another swirl of mist, he glided down the fiery steps of his trapped tomb and into the grand chamber he had created using nothing but dark powers and a twisted imagination. Subsequently, he came to stand in front of the wretched creature responsible for waking him from his slumber.

Rather than filled with anger at this fact, Mortimer's black heart became filled with glee, as he studied the broken man before him. He realised that the first phase of his plan was hopefully about to become a glorious reality and it all started with this unfortunate victim. Still, he realised gloomily, that was only if his loyal servants had succeeded in their task which, unfortunately from past experiences, was an infrequent occurrence.

"So you're the next individual my servants have decided to bring to me, in order for my master plan to finally begin?" he sneered, giving the battered man a poke with his pointed nail. He circled the human with distain, waving off his misgivings for now.

Once he had completed two whole circles, he lifted his finger up to his mouth, which was now smeared with congealed blood and tasted it, sighing in pleasure. As Mortimer smacked his lips in delight, blood tingling in his mouth, he saw the man shiver with revulsion and terror at this act. Inside, Mortimer bubbled in excitement. If he wanted the best possible outcome for what he was about to do, then maximum fear was necessary.

"I do hope you won't disappoint me," Mortimer continued, once more circling his dejected victim and frowning in displeasure at the thought of something going wrong. "Otherwise, I'll be very angry indeed and," he paused dramatically, before resuming his speech. "When I'm angry, things get extremely unpleasant. We wouldn't want that now...would we?"

When Mortimer had finished, he stopped in front of the man, before bursting out into a cold, mocking laugh that rang about the entire prison. This laugh caused dark beings, hiding just out of sight, to scuttle away in alarm. When he finished laughing, Mortimer resumed his business demeanour almost immediately, with scary control.

"Pain, Suffering!" Mortimer snapped, making his prey jump at the sharpness of his tone. "Where are you?"

Immediately, Mortimer's eyes flashed red, until they turned back into their normal deathly colour when his demon servants answered his call.

"Ssssire?" Suffering abruptly hissed, appearing out of thin air, his fiery body aglow with heat and the stench of burning flesh filling the chamber, causing the prisoner to retch violently in disgust.