Chapter 9: Alex

As I entered the bathroom, I noticed that there was an ornate, crystallised clock hanging high above my head, fixed to one of the marble walls.

It read 8:30am.

I couldn't believe an hour and a half had gone by since Jack had picked me up this morning, although I assumed time had raced on because of how long it took to reach our current destination and to wade through the thick, slimy concoction that currently clung to my clothes and bare skin.

Walking around the room, I took in my surroundings. The bathroom was very spacious, with marble floors, walls, sinks, toilets, statues and, may I add, much to my delight and excitement, an enormous bath in the middle of the room. Perfect. The only trouble was that the room didn't take privacy into account.

On the far wall were several mirrors, all of which reflected back my mud-splattered features and clothes. Unfortunately, there was no shower curtain to hide behind as I carefully undressed. As I stripped down until I stood naked in the centre of the room, I prayed that no unsuspecting persons would happen across me, as I enjoyed my solitude. Otherwise, I contemplated and shivered at the unwelcome thought, they were in for a definite shock.

Crouching down near the side of the bath, I turned the water on. Much to my surprise and happiness, in a matter of moments, it was full to the brim with wonderfully, soothing hot, pink liquid, bubbles and foam. Slipping into the water, I let out a moan of pleasure as my body reacted to this amazing liquid.

As it soothed my aching muscles and made my skin silky smooth, the bubble bath seemed to remove all traces of the vile and smelly slime that had initially clung to my skin. There was also shampoo and conditioner, located in a fancy, popup lid connected to the side of the tub which, after sinking down underneath the water and scrubbing my body with the pink soap, I used on my hair until I felt clean once more. Subsequently, as I leaned back, I decided now was the perfect time to try my powers again.

Closing my eyes, I formed an image in my mind, before I lifted up my dripping hands. I heard and felt the pink water around me begin to twist and turn. Eventually, when I opened my eyes, I realised I had been successful in my creation of a pink water fountain, where I was the centre statue.

That was when, from behind me, I heard the scream.

***********
AN:

Writing this chapter made me think about having a lovely bath with candles and relaxing bubbles. I know Alex needed it after trying to get to the academy. What's your favourite way to relax? I wonder who or what screamed?