Pink Shadow (Rantarou Amami x Fem! Reader)

well, this is the last one shot i'll ever write. Let's go! 

----

I walked down the dimly lit street, keeping my eyes fixated on the blur in front of me. I wasn't used to walking at night-- especially not in this part of town-- but I kept my composure despite screaming internally. 

Of course, I had to run an errand earlier that night. I had to head to the post office as I was mailing a package to my dear friend Hinata. Unfortunately, the post office was located right through the "red light" district of the city, putting me right in the midst of the chaos of the nearby bars and strip clubs on a late Friday night. 

"Hey! What's cooking, mamacita?!" a voice calls to me from out of nowhere. Though I stumbled a bit as I had been caught off guard, I let out a triumphant sigh and persisted forward. I heard more voices join in on the calling, but I simply tried my best to ignore it.

Apparently, one of the owners of the voices was more tenacious than the others. A shadowy figure stepped right in front of me, causing me to falter back a bit. I looked up to meet the eyes of my harasser, but it was too dark to make out any of their facial features.

"What's a dame like you doing in a neighborhood like this?" the figure chuckled huskily. "Don't tell me you're a good girl gone bad..."

"I-I'm sorry!" I cried, trying to make my way around the figure. I sped up until i was sprinting, the sound of my shoes hitting the pavement intensifying with each step. I was horrified to hear footsteps following behind me, so I let out a loud cry for help. 

As I continued my running, I felt a large hand grab me by the arm and yank me down the alleyway. A hand wrapped around my mouth, stifling my yell as I watched the figure chasing me zoom past us. The hands that saved me let go, leaving me to turn and face the person who had come to my rescue. 

"Sorry about that," a voice murmured as he pulled me into the light of a nearby streetlamp. There, I was able to make out his features. Messy green hair, matching green eyes. He wore a leather jacket, his hands tucked into his pockets. a strange half-smirk on his lips. "I'm Rantarou. Everyone around here just calls me Taro. What's a lady from the rich part of town doing around here?"

"Rich?! I'd hardly consider myself r-rich.. i had to mail something, and I guess I timed it just so that I'd be getting home when it turned dark... god, who am i kidding? Thank you for saving me!" I bowed down apologetically. 

"No need to thank me," he smirked as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out a cigarette, lighting it as he took a slow drag. "I can't stand most of these poor excuses for men around here. I had to drop out of school, so now I'm stuck living out my days in this glorified hellhole."

"Why do you have to stay here?" I asked innocently. 

"I work at the bar. My boss keeps telling me to pick up stripping too, but I can't bring myself to do it. I wanted the squeaky clean office job a girl like you has, but I didn't want to work for it," he chuckled slightly as he took another drag. "Mind my manners. Do you want one too?"

"I-I'm ok," I waved my arms in dismissal. "I'm sorry about that, Rantarou..." 

"Nah, my  fault, not yours," he laughed darkly. "You want to go get a drink or something?"

"I don't drink," I stated bluntly. 

"A soda?"

"No, thanks..."

"Suit yourself," the green haired boy laughed. "How about I at least take you home?"

"Sure! Thank you!" I nodded warmly. the boy grabbed me by the hand and walked me down the alleyway to where a motorcycle was parked. "Don't have any helmets, but i'll drive slow. Hold on tight, k?"

He sat down on the seat, motioning for me to sit behind him. I calmly did so, holding tightly onto his back as the motorcycle whirred to life. we drove down the streets, the night lights blurring behind us. He sped up a bit, and I let out a small yelp as I clutched onto him tighter. 

Eventually, with my guidance, we ended up in front of my house. I stumbled off of the motorcycle, an intense wave of relief passing through me as my feet hit the pavement. Rantarou chuckled as he put it in park, walking me up to my doorstep. 

"So, mrs. goody two shoes, how did you like the ride?" he joked playfully. 

"Be quiet!" I pouted. "It.. it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"Anything for you," he smiled happily. "I know I'm, like, totally not your type or anything, but would you want to do this again? I'll keep you out of my neck of the woods if it helps at all."

"S-sure!" I nodded in agreement. 

"Pick you up here tomorrow at 8?" He offered, to which I nodded again. A warm smiled spread on his face. "Great! You know I'll be looking forwards to it, goody two shoes."

"Stop that!" I barked, my cheeks turning red in embarrassment. Rantarou only chuckled, turning to walk back to his motorcycle. Before he did, however, he whipped around and planted a quick kiss on my forehead. I froze in shock, the butterflies in my stomach flapping about like crazy. He turned away again, waving as he did so. 

"Until tomorrow."

---

This was so fun to write... please tag me in any art or anything you make and I will check it out, otherwise... goodbye wattpad, anna senpai out :)