Sick Day (Rantarou Amami x Fem!Reader)

LISTENN I am really sick so I wanna write something to cheer myself up sorry!!! I'll get back to everyone's requests soon. it's just a lot of Ouma, who is a good character, but not my fave, so I don't want to write 5 trillion Ouma one shots.

So, as I have received a lot of Ouma requests, I'm gonna try to space them out. I will write them, but I need some time between each. Please try to request other characters in the meantime, and sorry for the inconvenience!
----

"Fuck this."

(Y/n) was laying in her bed, her attention fully engrossed in the small DS she held in her hands. She had spent the past few hours playing Pokémon Black and drinking copious amounts of water. Even after taking medicine and doing nothing but sleeping and playing video games, she didn't even feel a little better. She sighed as she shut off the game system, opting to blankly stare at the ceiling.

"This is pointless," she whined out loud, a small sigh escaping her lips. She had missed school that day, and was certain she would get an earful about it next time she went. She reached for her phone, checking to see if anyone had messaged her.

As if on cue, someone had rung the doorbell. Groaning slightly, (y/n) stood up and wobbled towards the door. When she flung it open, she was flabbergasted to find one of her classmates standing on the other side.

"Amami-kun?" She yelled, her hoarse voice making it slightly painful to hear. Rantarou stood sporting his usual outfit, a paper bag in hand. He extended his hand upward, giving the girl an innocent wave.

"Hello, (y/n)-chan," he greeted her, a smile spreading on his lips. "I've brought you some things. Mind if I come in?"

She stepped out of the way. "Not at all, though I can't guarantee you won't get sick yourself if you come in."

"That's a risk I'm willing to take," he laughed as he kicked off his shoes. He then handed the paper bag to (y/n), who stared at it blankly.

"What's this?" She asked brazenly.

"Some soup and drinks," he explained. "I thought you must have been hungry. Our classmates were worried sick about you, and they sent me to come check up on you."

"well... you're very thoughtful, Amami-Kun," the sick girl murmured as she bowed her head slightly.

"It's the least I could do!" He chuckled. "At any rate, you should probably eat some soup. It'll help you feel a little better, I hope."

"Good idea." The two of them sat at the table, eating the warm bowls of soup quietly. After a few moments, they began to engage in casual conversation.

"How did you get sick in the first place?" Rantarou asked her, his green eyes full of pity.

"Not sure," she stated bluntly. "It's probably better I don't know. Last thing I wanna do is get upset with myself for doing something stupid, ya know?"

"One hundred percent," he nodded, his bowl of soup now empty. He sat quietly and waited for (y/n) to finish her own.

"Why are you staring at me?" She inquired him before eating her last spoonful. A look of both confusion and flattery was on her face, causing Rantarou to blush slightly.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to," he exclaimed candidly. "I won't do it again."

"I don't understand why you're here with boring old me when you could be spending time with more interesting, less sick girls."

He shook his head, taking both of their dishes into the kitchen. "You're not boring."

"Well I sure am in this state," she sighed, her gaze fixated on the grains of wood in the table.

"That's a lie..." he murmured, sitting back down across from her. "We're friends, (y/n)-chan, and it's my duty to make sure you feel better."

Suddenly, a small blush formed on (y/n)'s face. "Friends," she echoed, suddenly shaking her head in an attempt to suppress whatever she was thinking about.

"Well, of course!" He cried with a small laugh. He stood up to go stand on her side of the table, placing his ring-covered hand on her shoulder. "Let's get you back to bed. You need your rest."

(Y/n) stood up hesitantly, wobbling back to her bedroom with Rantarou's guidance. Once she made it to the bed, she lied down as he sat in the chair in the corner of her room.

"You don't have to stay here, you know," she sighed softly, before erupting into an explosive coughing fit.

"Hey!" He yelled in shock, grabbing a cup of water. "Please drink this! You poor thing..."

"Thank you," she smiled as she took a few sips of the water.

"And I'm going to stay here for a little while longer, just to make sure you'll be alright."

"But you might get sick yourself," she thought out loud, a hint of worry in her voice.

Rantarou shook his head. "Don't worry about me," he stated as if he was reading the girl's mind.

After a little while, (y/n) slowly drifted to sleep. Rantarou stood up from the chair, taking it as his cue to leave. Before he left, however, he walked over to her and planted a small kiss on her forehead.

"Feel better, princess," he whispered as he turned to leave the room. Little did he know, (y/n) was still half awake. If she didn't have a fever earlier, she surely had one now.

The next day, (y/n) was back at school. She had made a speedy recovery, all of her classmates happy to see her. However, something was missing. Rantarou was not at school, his desk completely empty.

"Where could he be?" Kaede asked, no one able to give her a definite response.

"I must have gotten him sick..." (y/n) murmured, just loud enough for herself to hear. Suddenly, her face turned bright red, remembering the events from yesterday. "Looks like it's time for me to pay him a visit."