Pushing Yourself (Kaede x Fem! Reader)

*actively refuses to write requests, instead writing self indulgent shit*
I started writing this at 2 am last night! Whoops!
As always, thank you to my precious Kureiji_chan for requesting this! Please leave me more requests!
---

I sat alone in the library, hunched over a book. I scribbled on a piece of paper every few seconds, trying to absorb every piece of information I could. I needed to study, there was no other option. Being the Ultimate Logic, I knew that if I kept reading I would eventually come up with an idea for us to get out of here.

I sat there for 2, 3, soon 4 hours, ripping book after book into pieces. A few of my classmates came in from time to time, but quickly left after determining I was busy. However, one decided to linger, making periodic check-ins with me (much to my annoyance).

"Hey, (y/n)-chan," a female voice interrupted, causing the pencil in my hands to fly out of it. I looked up and was met with Kaede's smiling face, her hands positioned on her little white backpack.

"Yes...?" I murmured, trying to refocus on my work. My efforts proved to be in vain, as something about her seemed to distract me. I felt my face grow hot as my eyes met her purple eyes once again.

"What are you doing? You've been down here for a while..." the pianist asked nervously.

"No, I haven't. And I'm trying to find a way for us to escape," I explained bluntly.

"Well... I guess 6 hours isn't a lot of time..." she murmured passive aggressively. I jumped up, slamming my book shut.

"Wait, 6 hours?!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening. The blonde nodded solemnly, walking over to my side and grabbing my hand.

"It's not healthy!" She yelled, pulling on it lightly. "Come with me, we are going to go take a break."

"If you insist," I sighed as I followed the direction of her pulling. We eventually ended up in her dorm room, with two glasses of piping hot chocolate in front of us.

"(Y/n)-chan, you're really smart," she murmured, her face turning slightly pink. "I wish I could help in some way..."

I shook my head. "It's nothing, Kaede-San. Thank you for the offer, it's incredibly nice of you."

"That's what friends are for!" She chorused, a smile forming on her face as she brought the mug up to her lips. I covered my mouth, unsure of how to respond. My heart began to race, as if it were about to burst.

Once I finished my drink, I stood up to leave her room. She quickly grabbed my hand, causing me to let out a surprised yelp. "Just where do you think you're going?"

"...back to work. Why?" I asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

"No you aren't, you're staying here," she insisted. "In fact... how about you sleep over tonight? It'll be a good way to relax."

I sighed, but then nodded my head. "I would be willing to," I murmured.

Kaede and I talked and played games for a few hours, well past the Monokuma announcement. She made me laugh, her face lighting up with infectious smiles.

"It's 2 am," she murmured in disbelief after a short while. "I think we should head to sleep."

"Sounds good," I responded, laying down on the sofa in her room.

"Hey!" She yelled, almost startling me to the point of my falling off of the couch.

"What?!" I growled in response.

"Don't sleep there, it's uncomfortable," she whined. My expression softened as I slowly rose to my feet.

"Where do you want me to sleep?" I asked calmly.

She suddenly flushed bright red, embarrassment evident on her face. "You can sleep in my bed, if you'd like."

"As long as you're comfortable with it, I'd love to," I admitted candidly. The girl plopped down on the bed, parting for me to lay next to me. I followed her gesture, easing onto the soft, downy bed. With the flick of a light switch, the two of us were submerged in total darkness.

Despite trying my hardest to sleep, I found myself tossing and turning. While it was partially because of the school and whether or not we'd be able to escape, I was mainly electrified by being so close to Kaede. Frankly, it was almost a dream come true.

"Can't sleep...?" A drowsy, small voice asked. I froze in disbelief, slightly giddy at the sound of her voice. I turned to face her in bed, offering a meek 'yeah' in response.

"Well.. in that case..." the pianist's voice murmured, accompanied by a pair of arms reaching out to me. I listened as the girl pushed herself closer to me in bed, running her hands up and down the side of my torso. 

"Kaede," I called after a short while, slightly startling the girl. I felt my veins fill with adrenaline, acting out against my better judgement. "I know we are both girls, and only teenaged ones at that, but... I care about you. A lot. More than as a friend, even."

Silence. After a while, the same, soothing voice I had grown accustomed to. "(Y/n)-chan... I had no idea you felt the same way."

I was thankful we were in the dark, so she didn't see that my face had turned tomato red. "That makes me so happy."

"Me as well," she murmured. She wrapped her arms around me, securing me in her warm embrace. "Get some sleep, now. We will talk more tomorrow."

"Yes," I giggled softly as I was lulled into a deep, restful sleep.