What I Like (Gokuhara Gonta x Fem!Reader)

WOOHOO here we go! Requested by fandomsscrossing and wonderlandinalice49 !!
---

"Hey, (y/n)-chan! Are you free?"

I whirred around, turning to face the source of the voice calling out to me. I was met only with a buff torso at my eye level, a little too close to me. I quickly backed away, my heart racing.

"Gonta-San?" I squeaked, looking up to face the boy. He had an innocent grin on his face despite his intimidating appearance. Though I was admittedly freaked out by how close he was, I couldn't help but forgive him immediately.

"Yes, miss (y/n), would you like to spend the afternoon with me, by any chance? I was planning to hunt for insects outside in the courtyard," he offered happily. I nodded my head, my cheeks tingling slightly.

"Sure, let's go!" I grinned, following him down the decrepit hallway and to the door leading outside. He held it open for me, and I walked through it without hesitation.

Though I hadn't interacted with him much since our arrival, Gonta seemed to be a pure hearted person, not to mention a gentlemen. My excitement brewed as he led me to the center of the field, wielding a net that looked minuscule in comparison to his large hands.

"What are your favorite kinds of bugs, miss (y/n)?" He wondered out loud as I sat down on the grassy field.

"Well.. admittedly, I-I don't have much experience with bugs. Being the Ultimate Ice Skater, there aren't many bugs where I live," I explained nervously. I noticed him raise an eyebrow in suspicion, though he remained focused on his big catching.

"I see..." he murmured, watching as he swung his net low towards the ground. In one swift motion, he put its contents into the canister he wore across his body, sealing it shut. He then crouched next to me, holding it out. "So, you aren't quite familiar with this guy, are you?"

"Ah!" I yelled in shock, inching away slightly. "N-no... I'm sorry for overreacting."

A frown formed on his face. "No, miss (y/n), I should be the one apologizing to you. I didn't mean to startle you like that."

"Don't worry," I shook it off. "What kind of bug is that?"

"It's a grasshopper," he explained, seemingly in better spirits than before. "They aren't uncommon, but they're completely harmless. It's a bit shocking to find one in a closed space such as this school."

"I see..." I murmured weakly, reaching for the canister. Though I was still slightly frightened, I held it up close to my face to get a closer look. "You're very smart, Gonta-kun."

"T-thank you, miss (y/n)," he responded, obviously flustered. "I don't see many other bugs out here. If you'd like, we could go back to my dorm room and I could show you the ones I have in there."

I nodded, stumbling up to my feet. "Sure thing! As long as they don't hurt me."

We walked back to his dorm room in silence, him opening the door for me again. Sure enough, cages and bowls lined the walls of the room, each bearing an insect seemingly more terrifying than the latter. I sat down on his bed, trying to conceal my secret fear.

"Miss (y/n)..." he called to me, blushing.

"Yeah?"

"...never mind." He fixated his attention on the glass cases, picking up one and pulling it towards me. My lip quivered slightly, though I hid my fear for the most part.

"What is that?" I asked, observing my reflection in the glass.

"It's a jewel beetle," he stated happily. "I'm not sure how these bugs ended up in here, but I  grateful they did. It gives me something to take care of."

"Hey, you don't have any of those... what are they called... s-spiders, do you?" I asked nervously.

"I do," he admitted. "But I don't have to show you them if you are frightened by them. Your comfort is my first priority, you see."

"Ah... thank you..." I replied, blushing slightly. He nodded, placing the jewel beetle back on his dresser and picking up a glass case next to it.

"This is a monarch butterfly- one of my favorites." I took the glass case from him, this time less afraid than before.

"It's beautiful," I sighed happily, a thin smile on my lips.

"If I may, I must admit that the butterfly is not the only beautiful thing before me," he stuttered just loud enough for me to hear. My face turned bright red as I handed the glass case back to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you."

"It's fine! I'm not embarrassed!" I cried nervously. "Thank you..."

"I have one final bug I want to show you," he told me as he reached for a final container. In it was about a dozen red bugs, each covered in black spots.

"What are they?"

"Ladybugs, miss (y/n)," he closed his eyes. "They are symbols of both luck and love."

"Interesting..." I blushed as I handed the container back to him. "Thank you for the big crash course, I really feel as if I learned a lot."

"It was my pleasure," he murmured softly. He then turned back to me, adjusting his glasses. "Shall I see you back to your dorm room?"

"Please," I muttered softly. He suddenly grabbed my hand, it sitting comfortably in his much larger hand. He guided me there gently, my heart racing. A few of my classmates witnessed our encounter, but none said a word.

"Thank you for your time, dear (y/n)," he smiled at me, lifting my hand up to his lips and planting a gentle kiss on it. "I hope we can get to know each other better."

I blushed, covering my mouth with my other hand. "....I hope so as well."