Chapter 7|Rose🌹|

I turned around. The wall of water was still protecting us. Standing there was Aunt Piper in her nightgown. Our fathers trailed behind her. I had a scared expression on my face. What were they going to do? Punish us for sneaking out?

But they seemed more scared than angry. The adults turned to look at each other with worried faces.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

My father looked at me, worry in his eyes. I shook under his gaze. I wanted to stare him down, but I couldn't. The fear in the adults' eyes unnerved me. I couldn't talk or move.

"Rose, please. Come here." he said.

I followed my father. Giselle ran to her mother and father. He didn't scowl, didn't frown. He just looked sad.

"I want to talk to you Rose. You're in danger."
"Why am I in danger? I'm only a princess."
"That's not the reason, Rose. You've... inherited a power greater than any other."

I looked at my hands. The water. It had something to do with water. I looked up and gazed into my father's green eyes.

"And I fear it may get to out of hand." he continued, "Rose, you have the power of the Oceanus Tribe."
"What is that?"
"Talking to undersea animals, controlling water, being able to shape-shift, they were all their powers. As much as I don't want to do this, it's only necessary. You're going to put yourself and others in danger. Please Rose. I don't want anyone hurt."
"Wait... what are you going to do?"
"We'll have to stay in the castle for a long time. Until you can control your powers." (OMGs. I just realized that she's water Elsa. Staying in the castle. And stuff like that.)
"Why?"
"And your mother," Father continued to ramble, "they've found you. Why didn't I tell her not to go? I shouldn't have known Luke was going to target her, to get to me."

Father began screaming at the sky to god knows who. I stood there. I got bored. There was a puddle nearby, so I'd thought I'd make a few shapes with the water in the air.

"Luke! How could you! My family is innocent! They haven't done anything! You loved her at one point! Why take it out on her! Are you going to take the things I love the most! My wife! My daughter!"

That was it. Father's gone mad. He must have been really broken about Mother. I didn't know what to feel. Who was Luke? He loved Mother before? What happened? Father finally seemed to realize I was still standing there.

"I'm sorry Rose. We have to leave." he took my hand as he spoke.
"Wait! Let me say goodbye."

He nodded. My plan was going to work. I needed someone to explain something about Luke and my parents. There were two people I could ask. Aunt Piper and Uncle Jason.

I rushed to Giselle's room. I knew her parents were going to be tucking her in now. Plus, I had an excuse.

"Aunt Piper." I said as I stepped into the room.

Aunt Piper was sitting on the bed while she was stroking Giselle's blond hair. I smiled. Aunt Piper put a finger to her lips.

"Yes, Rose?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Anything."
"What happened between my mother, father and Luke?"

I knew I'd asked a strange question because her expression darkened.

"They haven't told you yet. I.... come. We're going to the library."

I ran after Aunt Piper. She threw opened the door, let me inside and shut it. I took a seat in one of the armchairs. Piper sat on the couch facing me. She teetered nervously.

"Rose. Do you know about your parents wedding?" she asked.
"I just know they got married and had me."
"Let me tell you the story,"

Aunt Piper continued on and on. Apparently, a man named Luke was betrothed to my mother. He wanted to marry her, but she was in love with my father. After my father and mother were married, he hated my father. Because he took the girl of his dreams. Then after my father joined the army for a short while, Luke kidnapped him and my mother as revenge. Now he wants to kill me because I was a constant reminder of the girl Luke lost.