Chapter I: Rising From The Ruins

Lisa Lavender: With the assistance of the Where... Ermm, How do I say this? Where-machet...

A young man chuckled at the very pronounciation of the word, seeing that he was of German descent himself. The female Remnantian reporter gave up on trying to pronounce the word and continued on with the daily news.

Lisa Lavender: With the assistance of the Germans, the Atlesians had been able to rebuild the CCT. Thus restoring communications between the kingdoms, although the German government has continued with using their own encrypted network of communication.

He sipped up a shot of Deathstalker juice, thankfully not seeing purple anywhere. Various bar visitors curiously watched, noting his military-grade equipment. And his deathly stare behind that mask of his.

Lisa Lavender: And the international manhunt for escaped convict, Doctor Edward Rich-two-fan, *mutters* why are their names so complex? with no sources of the German doctor in tow. Back to you Steve.

Steve: Thank you Lisa, the body of the former German warmonger Hermann Feg-lying, has been identified at the ruins of the Vacuo airfield, utilized by the Nazis in what historians are calling, the Second Great War.

The boy paid upfront, he turned tail and headed towards the door, stopped when he was confronted by a large man, not large as in tall but in... width.

Man: Since when did the bartender allow little boys in here.

Y/N: I zoo nut see vat jou are talking about... Ven zit he allow overweight boys like jou in here. How ze heck zit jou even fit inside ze door?

The man's cheeks flowed red with anger, he threw a punch at the boy, only his fist impacted metal, the man held his fist and noticed that the boy had a metal plating under his black uniform, which he only noticed then had the decal of the Schutzstaffel.

Man: N-nazi?!

Y/N tilted his head, his face showing no emotions behind his respirator, he looked at what appeared to be a Swastika armband, but it seemed painted over, blocked from view. (A sign of political correctness)

The man backed away, the boy tilted his crude clearly handmade stalhelm to him and exited the bar, taking a fresh breath through his respiratory system.

Y/N: It feels gut zoo breathe.

Flashback

Finally Y/N was able to push himself out of the aircraft wreckage, his gas mask was blown apart from one side, his stalhelm was missing, his SS uniform was torn and burnt, and his leg was gone. He found it hard to breathe

Y/N: Agh gott!

He stumbled to the ground, tumbling onto the Vacuo sand dunes. His very body getting roasted by the hot glare of the sun.

Then, he felt a tug on his arm, he tried to see who was pulling his arm, but couldn't bend his head enough to effectively view his rescuer. He then blacked out from exhaustion and hydro deprivation.

Timeskip

When he came to, Y/N was in a small tent with some water and food. He looked around, seeing nobody in the shelter, but he felt something on the stub of his missing leg, he looked at it. Seeing a mechanical prosthetic. He was able to move it, and felt a respiratory system on his mouth, similar to a gas mask but only covering his mouth instead of his entire face.

He stood up, finding a note. Handwritten, and pinned to the pole supporting the tent.

'Hi, I found you in the desert while traveling all alone and without a limb. So I brought you here, the tent you are in has food within it for two days, and water for said amount of days. I option for you to leave the tent and head to Vale, where it's safer environmentally. And your respiratory system can be removed if you feel your lungs begin to heal, which should be in... a week or so, that healing dust should be able to work.

With regards,
The Summer Maiden.'

Y/N paused, reading it again then folded up the note, feeling his respiratory system for a moment, placing the note in his pocket and grabbed some food and water. He exited the tent, and saw a little sign that read. 'Vale this way' He shrugged, deciding to just trust the sign and began to walk in that very direction, silently whistling 'Horst Wessel Lied', the German lyrics playing mentally.