34 Weeks - Edward

(Y/N) waddled around the living room, clutching her tummy as she did. A bag was in her hand and every now and then she'd find something to put in it. What was she doing? Preparing for the day of the birth. It wouldn't (hopefully) be before another six weeks passed but it was best to get a bag ready since you never knew when something would happen.

Edward was less worried about packing a bag. It had been going on for the last week. (Y/N) would ask Edward to pack a bag for them so they were on the safe side but Edward just said it wasn't necessary yet or that he could pack when the day actually came.

"(Y/N), please don't walk around like this." Edward mumbled as he came up next to (Y/N) and grabbed the bag on her arm. "And don't carry this either. You can't carry heavy things, remember?"

"Well, you weren't packing." (Y/N) huffed as she tried taking the bag back but it was futile. "Edward, this is important."

"Why are you fussing over it so much?" Her partner questioned as he put the bag down and pulled (Y/N) into a hug. The girl sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I just want to be safe." (Y/N) sighed out with a small pout. "What if something did happen?"

"Then we'll take it from there." Edward assured, rubbing soothing circles on (Y/N)s shoulders. "You don't have to be nervous. We're in this together, like we promised. I'll support you until the very end."

"Then..." The girl hesitated but continued none the less. "Can you please pack the rest of the bag?"

"If it means so much to you." Edward finally agreed, placing a short kiss on top of (Y/N)s head. The girl smiled and nodded.

"Thank you." She mumbled, smiling up at her partner. "It'll make me feel a lot better. But..."

"Yes?" Edward looked down at her with a raised eyebrow. (Y/N) smirked.

"I want to cuddle after you're done too." (Y/N) practically demanded and Edward let out a small chuckle.

"I think I can do that." He said as he picked the bag back up. "You can go on ahead into the living room. I'll be there in a bit."

"Okay!" (Y/N) stood on her tippy toes, dodging around Edward before placing a quick peck on his cheek. The girl then waddled into the living room as Edward disappeared in a flash.

(Y/N) layed down on the couch, turning on the TV and covering herself with her favorite blanket. She smiled down at her stomach before she felt herself dozing off, her hands resting on where her baby was residing. Not long after, Edward entered. He stopped in the doorway, a tiny smile on his lips as he watched his sleeping partner for a bit. He approached quietly and settled down next to her on the couch, making sure she was wrapped in her blanket fully before winding his arms around her, resting them on top of her own hands that were still on her stomach. The girl cracked open an eye and looked up at him.

"You started without me." Edward teased, a smile still on his face. (Y/N) hummed as she closed her eyes again. A chuckle left Edward before he leaned down, placing a chaste kiss on the girls lips. "Sleep well."