28 Weeks - Carlisle

"It looks good." Carlisle mumbled as he scribbled down a few things on the notepad he had in his hand. He was in doctor mode right now, as (Y/N) liked to call it. "Alright, you can step down. Your weight seems to be good. You're not gaining too much nor too little."

"How is that not too much?" (Y/N) asked as she looked at the numbers on the scale. She winced at the sudden jump there had been. "It's... so much."

"That's normal." Carlisle reassured as he walked over to (Y/N) and held her close to his chest.

"Oh! He's kicking again." (Y/N) giggled as she took Carlisles hand and put it down to the area where she had felt the kick. It had certainly gotten stronger since she first felt it. "He's getting stronger every day."

Carlisle smiled down at (Y/N). "It's because you take so good care of him." (Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"As if." (Y/N) made a small 'tch' noise. "All I do is eat and sleep. A lot."

"Well, that is taking care of him." Carlisle noted as he rocked the two back and forth as if they were slow dancing to some kind of music that wasn't really there. "And you're doing a great job so far."

"Well not to brag but I am a professional eater." (Y/N) boasted as she looked up at Carlisle. "I've been doing it my whole life."

Carlisle chuckled as he leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips. It was brief but sweet and (Y/N) relished in it. However, soon enough, the sweet moment was ruined as (Y/N) let out a small grunt, her hand flying down to her stomach as a slight pain shot through her abdomen. It wasn't bad but it was definitely there.

"What's wrong?" Carlisle asked, studying (Y/N)s face. The girl had a worried frown on her face.

"I got some kind of cramp or something." (Y/N) mumbled, placing her hand over the place. "Right here."

"Oh, those are Braxton Hicks." Carlisle explained as he ran his hand down to (Y/N)s and held it. "It's contractions that you get sometimes. It's your body preparing for the real labor. A kind of practice you could say."

"Practice makes perfect I guess." (Y/N) sighed out as she rubbed the place. "It's not dangerous right?"

"Not at all." Carlisle smiled down at her. "Tell me if anymore occur, alright?"

"Oh!" (Y/N) gasped surprised as the baby in her tummy kicked again. "Geez, I think I'm more worried about him kicking a hole through my stomach."

Carlisle let out a small chuckle. "I doubt that could happen. But he does have quite a lot of energy. Perhaps you've been eating too much sugar?" He raised an eyebrow at (Y/N) and the girl scoffed.

"I have not!" She denied as she crossed her arms over her chest, almost being able to rest them on her stomach. Carlisle smiled again before giving (Y/N) a small peck on the cheek.

"Sure, sure." He mumbled, making (Y/N) all the more pouty. He knew how to tease her so easily.