Chapter Fifty Nine -His Majesty's Crown-

Mulai dari awal

"Well... good luck, Levi."

Levi remained quiet for a moment, sluggishly standing from his comforting duvet. I immediately felt my body stiffen once I realised he was walking towards me.

"It's pleasant to hear you say that."

"Y-You're welcome..."

I smiled gently as Levi's thumb grazed my bottom lip with an eager smirk. I hesitantly placed my hand over his, almost confirming his action was perfectly acceptable. Our kiss was passionate, steamy, and forced my head spin.

Levi's hand adjusted my dress around the tops of my shoulders, hiding many, many marks his lips had made the night before. For once, Levi was hesitant to reveal my purple bites to the entire kingdom, claiming people would see me as someone to manipulate and possibly remove from his side.

I was attending as his 'honourable guest', but the Kingdom knows my emotional ties to Levi. I cannot present myself as his wife or fiancé considering we are not married, nor has Levi proposed just yet.

By displaying me as a guest proves to potential bad people confusion, mystery, and possible distraction. Plus it makes me look respectful of how a supposed 'lady' should behave.

After breaking the kiss, Levi leant away with a dismissive sigh. His coronation was at twelve o' clock exactly - with two hours to go - Levi now had to leave and attend the royal hall. Hanji promised the two of us: 'amazing spy techniques among the crowds' claiming she'd be monitoring the plan and other important matters.

"Alright, brat. Let's go."

I nodded gently, nervously flattening out the wrinkles in my dress - an item of clothing I'd never worn in my entire life. Levi reached the archway and turned to hold the door for me.

I remained glued to my previous spot. 

"You look beautiful, (Y/N). There really is fuck all to worry about."

I laughed; a sensation that felt strange considering the immense amount of tension. Levi gestured very similarly to a butler with his left hand as I passed him with a polite curtesy.

"You lie to me, Levi~"

Levi merely rolled his eyes, lightly linking my arm with a simple click of his tongue. I furrowed my brows in confusion and whispered my thoughts on this action.

"Should 'honourable guests' be linked arms like this?"

Levi glared fiercely, his eyes wandering to our arms which remained firmly locked together. Levi wouldn't do such a bold gesture in front of his people and I assumed this action was merely to calm my nerves.

"I don't care. People already know about us."

I smiled in response to his words and obediently nodded my head. If Levi wishes to link arms with me, who am I to reject such a kind notion?

"Stay beside me when the room starts to fill. Most importantly, do not approach Eren unless he initiates conversation first."

I nodded deep in thought; clearly Eren wishes to spite Levi and I by attending his coronation. Just what does he get out of threatening my allies? Does he wish to eliminate me or Levi?