Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Then Namjoon smiled.

And suddenly my heart stopped. Everything suddenly went mute. All I could see was his smile. His breathtaking smile. I couldn't help but stare, praying that this moment would never end. Because I don't think I'd ever seen such a beautiful sight.

I remembered thinking that his smile would probably be nice if I should ever see it. But now I know I'd been wrong. It wasn't simply "nice." It was suddenly the only thing I ever needed to see.

"Anna? Are you all right?"

I blinked, suddenly the noise filling my head again. The sound of my pounding heart being most prominent.

"U-uh..." I tried to speak. "Y-yeah."

Namjoon's smile had been replaced with a slightly worried frown.

"Just stay close to me."

"Okay. I will."

"Guys, shush! It's starting!"

We all turned to the stage as a loud voice came through the speakers and the music quieted. Instead of the man from the night before, a tall, athletic looking girl was at the mic.

"Welcome back to Ignis, everyone! I think we all know why you're here tonight," she called.

There were some cheers like before, but one section of the audience chorused in boos and curses. She pointed to them and laughed. I realized in relief that they were only teasing. But a certain pang of jealousy went through me. I found myself wishing that I had the confidence she had. The friends she had.

"Obviously it's because the dance battle is way better than the rap stage!" She continued, earning more boos. "Sorry Gloss fans!"

Loud music suddenly burst through the speakers again, and she pulled the mic off of the stand, stepping towards the side of the stage.

"Now, please help me welcome our contestants for tonight. First up, everyone's favorite pretty boy, Lee Taemin!"

More cheers came from the crowd, louder than before. I noticed Jimin seemed especially excited as a thin, black haired boy ran onto the stage with a wide smile.

"Next up, the best Chinese artist we've seen on this stage, Zhang Yixing!"

Another dark-haired guy walked out with a smaller, more reserved smile. The crowd went insane, making him jump slightly.

"And finally, the one and only, the king of dance at Ignis, Jung Hoseok!" The announcer yelled.

Namjoon ripped his hand from mine, clapping excitedly, more energy pouring from him than ever before. The trio beside him acted with just as much, and even more excitement. I smirked and cheered along with them, but my hand felt cold. Once Hoseok got onto the stage, the girl announcing them stepped off, and the music grew louder.

With that, the dance battle began.

A/N: Hey guys, just wanted to show you what I kind of envision Ignis to look like: