Chapter 21

Hey guys, I'm back. I haven't got much to say really, I've been struggling recently, a lot. That's the only reason I have for not uploading so I'm sorry.....
I hope to start updating more, especially my other stories aswell but I really can't promise anything at the moment

Enjoy.

After Derek and stiles' bowling date they both returned home the happiest they'd been in a while. Derek decided to stay the night at stiles' again to make sure he was going to be okay, well okay seemed a minor stretch as there was no way stiles would be okay after Lydia passing away a few days ago but Derek wanted to be there for him just as stiles was, as he always had been even before stiles left when Derek was an absolute asshole to him, stiles was still there for him them, through everything, through thick and thin and Derek admired stiles for that, for being able to put up with him being a horrible piece of shit to the one person who believed he was a decent person, which he was not and Derek still felt so guilty about treating his mate like that.

Derek and stiles walked through stiles front door after their date with hands locked together and smiles plastered to their faces, not caring that the sheriff was sat in the kitchen watching it all but the sheriff didn't care either, in fact as Derek and stiles walked past the kitchen door Derek turned his head and smiled at the sheriff and stiles led him to his bedroom.

Noah sat there with a smile of his own, having not seen his son so genuinely happy in a long time.

-------------two weeks later --------------
Dereks POV

It was Lydia's funeral today, Derek woke up knowing it was going to be difficult and stiles had problems sleeping last night.Derek had once again decided to stay at stiles' because of course he was going to, it was his best friends funeral for gods sake. Derek looked at the boy sleeping in his arms, afraid to move because he had so little sleep and he didn't want to wake him now that he was resting, sure Derek had gotten even less sleep than stiles, staying awake to make sure stiles was fully asleep then waiting even more just to be sure, only then did he go to sleep but Derek was used to little sleep so it didn't bother him. Stiles, however, needed sleep, at least nine hours or he was cranky, he had always been like that and Derek always wanted to make sure he slept fine so he would be happy the next day.

Stiles stirred in his arms and squeezed dereks hand with his own which had been locked together over stiles stomach but then he relaxed and went back into his peaceful slumber. One of stiles' tattoos that was on his shoulder was slipping out beneath the duvet right below the mating mark which had healed beautifully. Derek only noticed in that moment that the tattoo was arched lines that bulked in the middle and thinned out towards the edges. It kind of looked like claw marks to him but he was unsure if that was intentional or not.

Anyways, the mating bite fitted perfectly in the gap at the top of the tattoo and it fitted so perfectly that it looked like it had been done purposely, which it hadn't, but it just looked so amazing to Derek