🤡 FT: Wattpad Minds 🤡

Focused Topic (FT): where I go into more details and step-by-steps explaining the How-to's.

Why you should read this: If you're that kind of person who likes to dig deep, here are some useful tips for you--if you're the other kind who likes to float on the surface and explore, that's perfectly alright, just don't read this at all.

This chapter is only for people like me who needs to know things deeper than the surface.

Your first thought: This is stupid.

♛ KEYS must remember when writing on Wattpad ♛

1. Write in small paragraphs.

Let's start off lightly--you wouldn't believe how many times I make this suggestion to writers because sometimes we just all do it. We insert large chunks of info; it's like overloading and suffocating the readers--people lose focus very easily between those lines, and they just can't be bothered to read.

2. What people use to read your story.

Around 70% of the Wattpad users are logging in and reading on phones. On smaller screens, your seemingly "medium-lengthed" paragraphs are squeezed into longer and larger lumps of words. All the black ink filling and dancing around the screen just makes readers dizzy. So write in small paragraphs.

3. Ratings.

Please note that you must not go against the Wattpad guidelines after reading this.

Getting your book rated mature is something common, but did you know that once a book is rated mature, it can't be easily found? Even if you type up your book's name in the search bar, it'll be buried under a mountain of other books. How can you change this? Hmm, don't write mature stories?

4. Don't over-write.

Sometimes we all chuck dozens of info to our readers. Being clear about your story is definitely not wrong, but what's the fun in reading your book if it's like a newsletter? Mel swallowed, possibly under stress, or just nervous, while thinking about Aaron's situation--the one with him being the kidnapper of Mel's lover.

If reading your story is like reading an information leaflet, would you still read it? Let the readers guess and think; involve them in your story and write in their point of view. Write what they see, not what you see.

5. You're not a robot.

Dear writers, we all have feelings. Let some of yours out. You're not some emotionless mechanism, so write what you actually have feelings for. This is so important that I can't stress this enough--if you're not interested in your piece anymore, you'll just be writing a play. 

Ginger said, "why are you here?"

"To test what you're capable of," Kai said.

"Oh really?" Ginger asked.

"Yes really." Kai replied.

Don't write a play, dear writers, don't write a play. (Unless you're really writing one, then go ahead:))

6. Ambassadors alert.

Like I said, ambassadors on Wattpad follow a very tense rulebook. They look at things squarely and will use their powers strictly. As mentioned previously, they'll tell you off with 10 thousand words if you did something wrong--even if they have to write in separate comments. But they're only doing their job. Remember, don't let an ambassador catch you doing something wrong--even the gray areas have a limit.

I will find more time to upload loads of info for you amazing writers:) If you stayed with me till now, gimme a thumbs up👍🏼 Tag an undiscovered writer to help them--or not, if you like to be that way;)

Thank you so much for reading:) Have a great day!

Continue to the next FT.