She drifts off and pauses once I grit my teeth, furrowing my eyebrows, even daring her to speak of the past. I sense guards, particular soldiers that I refuse to see. Cicero seems puzzled, and I can hardly blame him, but I ignore it. Glimpsing at the corner of my eye, I spot two soldiers.

The Penitus Oculatus. Commander Maro and his son, Gaius. I clench my fists, noticing that Cicero and the innkeeper already sense my uneasiness and anger.

I loathe those blasted soldiers. Faida mutters my name, but I pay no heed, and grasp the helve of my blade, screaming a bloody cry before lunging remorselessly towards the close family of two, leaving the other temporary residents of the inn to remain silent.

"Die, die, die!" I scream, but Gaius dodges my attack at the last second. I can feel myself breath heavily with hysterical giggles, and I can hear Cicero's cries, not for me to stop, but his cries are words of encouragement to keep going. I grin identically like Cicero's twisted smiles, noticing I had made a deep gash on the side of Gaius's cheekbone.

Maro is ready to attack until he realises my appearance, and smirks. "Why if it isn't little Cortana..." Commander Maro places his fingers onto the handle of his sword, snickering. "And I thought you perished in the fire. You have grown awfully big, you look just like your mother. How do you do?"

I bare my teeth and refuse to answer him. All I desire is not their death, but to see them suffer; to see them cower at my feet; hear them scream and beg; to touch their blood with my own fingers...

They will beg for mercy.

"You have crossed the line. You have robbed me of my pride and disgraced and demeaned me. You will never be forgiven," I threaten, and he laughs harshly in reply. Cicero stands beside me, awaiting a sign for him to attack alongside with me.

"I see, you are still the stubborn little Cortana I have known for years." He clears his throat and curves a smug look on his lips. "Just need an eyepatch and a Dremora Butler."

"Guards!" Gaius shouts, sending three Penitus Oculatus soldiersーinstead of ordinary guards to surround Cicero and I. Never pass up the chance to capture two assassins.

"Gaius!" Faida hisses angrily, seizing his arm, but he shakes her away with a disapproving look. She gives me a pitied stare as the commotion of the inn begins to rise.

One of them squeezes my wrist, forcing them behind my back, sending Cicero to attack them.

"Arrest the elf, and the clown," Commander Maro places his arms behind his back, standing with his head held high, along with his son. "Send them to the Winterhold prison. I know how much Cortana adores the freezing weather."

"Stab you, stab you, stab you!" Cicero shrieks, but is held down by at least four soldiers. I almost burst out laughing at the fool's incredible strength and insane laughter. But, it seems I can't do that, considering the side of my face being pinned down to the floor.

"Wait, Cicero," I whisper, having one hand grasped for each guard, and for Cicero, well, two guards for each of his hands... and legs. The jester immediately stopped attacking, following my command.

"Knock them out," he commands the soldiers, and they first slap Cicero's head with the helve of their sword. He drops to the ground, and the soldiers carry him off into a wagon.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, elf," Gaius growls, but grins menacingly himself. "You'll be rotting in that dungeon with your clown."

He gives out one last howl of laughter before facing towards me once again. "I'm not just a handsome face."