~8~

Josh's POV

I was rough for me to start finally playing with a team that hasn't treated me horrible yet. They all seem nice except two of them, and more is coming my way for sure.

"Ok Team USA ready for our first game?" Coach asked, we all cheered waiting fir the lines to be drawn and the game to start.

"Dwayne, Goldberg, Charlie, Adam, Jesse and Guy your on first." Coach said, the rest of us sat down on the bench waiting for the faceoff.  Julie and Averman were sitting beside me, Coach held his clipboard in hand walking back and forth.

The puck dropped, Jesse got the puck passing it back to Charlie. They passed back and forth between them selves.

The Trinidad team was so bad, they fell when no on was near them. This is going to be an easy game. I noticed Julie beside me waiting anxiously, she looked over at me, I looked the other way.

"What's wrong? Are we loosing?" She asked, I started laughing, loosing to them.

"No you just seemed nervous or something." I told her, she looked at me puzzled and continued watching the game. Coach did a line change, leaving Julie on the bench still.

" Josh, Connie, Averman, Luis and Ken get out there." We put ur helmets on jumping over the boards. I went right wing, as I waited for the puck to drop, I heard voices in my head.

I shook my head, ignoring the voices and focusing on our game, they had scored once. Witch made the score 6-1. I skated down to the other end knocking a few players down, maybe even one of my own.

I got the puck passed to me, I deked a few players, skating around them. Luis called for the puck, so I passed it to him. I stayed near our end of the rink playing more defense then offence.

Before I knew it the game was over, I was playing so hard and having fun. We won, 11-1, I'd say it was a good game.

I got to the change room, Taking my hear off. I placed my things in my bag, walking out with Adam. He said something funny and I laughed as we passed Connie and Julie, they looked at us, giving us the stink eye.

"Josh!" I turned around on my heel, walking to the voice.

"Yea?" I walked over to Julie, with Adam by my side.

"Connie, Guy and I are going out later, wanna join?" She asked, I scratched the back of my neck looking at Adam, he lifted his shoulders un confusion looking back at Julie.

"Uh, sure." I said, Julie smiled walking back to Connie laughing with her. It's weird it like a laugh they make but really girly.

"Nice score." I was confused, I looked at Adam.

"What?" He laughed and told me to forget about it. We went back to the dorms fooling around. Charlie and Guy were talking about an interview we all have in a few hours. I honestly didn't want to go, I know someone will bring something up about my past.

"Excited for the interview?" Adam asked, I shrugged opening my hockey bag. I noticed my jersey from Utah was gone.

"Looking for something?" Charlie asked, I nodded looking at him.

"Coach said he'd wash them, we got our new ones so it won't matter now." Charlie said, he seemed upset. I noticed my number on my shirt was changed, I guess my number was the same as someone else's. Coach held two jersey's in his hand, his and number 77.

"Does anyone have the number 77 jersey?" I asked, I've been number 77 and 23 since I was small. When I played for Canada I was 23 and in Utah I was 77.I didn't get the number I wanted but 23 worked.

"Sort of, but the player couldn't come." I sighed throwing my jersey on my bed. Talking with Adam about hockey.

~~~~~~~~

"Iceland has already guaranteed Gold, do you think you can beat them?" Someone asked, Coach fixed his tie, standing closer to the microphone.

"My team can be anyone, and were ready to take Iceland on for gold." Coach said, we all cheered, till someone asked another question.

"Number 23, aren't you from Team Canada?" I turned around  I was 23, I shook my head standing behind the taller guys.

"Who's 23?" An interviewed asked, I made my way up to the front.

"I am."

"Josh! Josh!" I heard so many people calling my name at once. I couldn't think straight, next thing I knew I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~

Julie's POV

"What's wrong?" Luis asked, I had a cold cloth on Josh's  head. Half of the team was with me, I was in the nurses office with Josh, Adam, Connie, Guy and Coach. I sat on the bed, with his head sitting in my lap.

"He blacked out, he should be up and on his feet soon. For now all we can do is give him space." The nurse said, Coach nodded writing stud down on his notepad. Guy and Connie left because there was nothing they can do to help.

Adam got kicked out because it was crowded and Coach said he had to go, leaving me here with Josh. I felt bad for him, he was under so much pressure from the interviewers,. Knowing he doesn't want anyone knowing he's a transfer.

I re-wet the cloth, getting a new one. He fell hitting his head, he had an ice pack on the side of his head, as I held a cloth to his forehead. His black eye was still here, now and then I'd ice it.

I saw him slowly moving, trying to sit up. I forced him to lay back down, he's not allowed to move right away.

"Josh, you can't get up yet." He looked up seeing me, I let him hold the icepack to his head. He gently moved beside me, sitting up.

"What happened?" He asked looking around the room, I chuckled answering his question.

"You blacked out after everyone was asking you questions." He scratched the back of his head. Seems like he tends to scratch the back of his head a lot.

"Oh, where's the team?"

"They all had something to do." He looked down.

"You didn't, or you wanted to stay here?" He asked me.

"Both, we were gonna head out after the interview. You blacked out so we needed to wait till you were awake to go out." He shook his head, slowly getting up, I walked alongside him. Following him to the dorms.

"Oh" Is all he said. I made sure he didn't fall on his way up, although dorm is on the other floor. He opened the door, waving to me. I started walking down the hall to the elevator.