Chapter 44: The Trumpets of Death

『PHOENIX』

The dull, dim horizon vanished as the sun eradicated and rose in its casual elegance, igniting the continent with its glorious golden light. My eyes drifted to my hands; the blessing within me finally possessed the hues of the golden isle of the Elysian Continent.

Aizelle’s blessing and arcane magic surged all over my veins, the confidence inside boastfully boosted. Nararamdaman kong matatalo si Satan ngayon.

Isang galit at nanlalasik na tingin ang binigay sa ‘kin ni Satan habang kami’y parehas nakatigil sa himpapawid. Marahil alam niya ang maaaring maging katapusan niya ngayong naging successful ang merge namin ni Aizelle.

Nanatili lamang siyang nakatingin sa ‘kin hanggang sa maramdaman ko na may kakaiba sa repleksyon ng mga mata niya.

“Is he scared of something?” I heard Aizelle ask.

A smirk slowly curved on my lips, “Reminiscing something?” I mockingly asked. Satan may have remembered Master Garet and Tita Freya’s merge after witnessing ours, especially since he was terrified of him.

He was scared of Garet Christophe Lockser; the man considered the King among the King Vessels.

Satan gritted his teeth and grunted. He tightly held his poisonous black sword and soared toward my direction. He lunged his sword, targeting my chest, but I immediately deflected it. And as our sword collided, its sound resonated around. He forcefully pushed me, grazing the tip of his sword on my cheek.

Yet, it was immediately healed. I flew above him and cast a sphere of golden flames. Satan was blinded for a while, losing his balance and opening a path for me to attack.

“Phoenix, now!”

Nang marinig ko ang boses na Aizelle, mabilis ko siyang sinugod at hiniwa ng espada ang kanyang dibdib. Bahagya niyang naiwasan iyon dahilan upang puwersahan ko siyang sipain hanggang sa tumalsik siya sa lupa.

“Phoenix, something is wrong,” Aizelle said worriedly. I looked below and saw the cloud of dust covering Satan. “I think… we should end this quick as possible.”

I hovered down, charging my sword in his direction, but my sword struck a rock. I was dumbfounded when Satan suddenly appeared beside me, and without wasting any second, he rapidly kicked me.

Aizelle and I groaned as I hit the ground. And as I slowly got up, a sudden sickening feeling devoured my entire body. The land where I was standing collapsed slowly, making me soar to the horizon. My eyes searched for Satan, who was standing in the middle of the soon-dead land of the Divine Continent.

Monsters began to march in Satan’s direction. They dove into the hollow pits formed by Satan’s tremendous magic, the carved in the land suddenly glowed a crimson light, along with a sickening show of the monsters covered with lava climbing back to the land.

“Dude, bakit mo naman kasi ginalit? May patanong-tanong ka pa r’yan na gago ka!”

“Wow naman, Aizelle. Parang ikaw ‘yong mas bobo sa ating dalawa ha. Sa tingin mo ba kahit hindi ko itanong ‘yon, hindi niya gagawin ‘yan?”

“Maybe?!”

“Kita mong natakot sa nagliliwanag kong ka-g’wapuhan—”

“Seriously, why did you become a King Vessel that I must serve?”

Nang makaalis ang halos lahat ng mga monster sa loob ng bangin, dahan-dahan na umagos ang mga nagliliyab na bato ro’n. Bawat malapatan ng mga ito’y nawawalan ng buhay tila ba’y nais nitong sakupin ang buong Divine Continent, at nakawin ang buhay na mayroon ito.