Chapter 26: Historia (Part 2)

Endless giggles and laughter fade as the eerie, heavy ambiance overwhelms them after stepping inside the Cryptic Chambers. And with a heavy chest, the four maidens gulp, looking at the vicious and sickening scenario in front of them, yet even though the scene isn’t that clear, they know that chaos is near and will wrath upon them.

A thin, golden cloth, dividing the rarest Ambrosia to the eyes of any thief, shows the devious act of the most heartless kind. They feed themselves with the only ingredient that could save people’s lives like they didn’t care how sacred it was to the eyes of the Greeks.

Aicelyn gazes her eyes at silhouettes, gritting her teeth as she felt rage devouring her entire body.

“Lyn… don’t fucking move.” Sabrina knows what her friend was thinking. And in order for them to escape death, the only thing they need to do is to avoid stupidity.

“Ano?”

Kinuyom ni Aicelyn ang kanyang kamao, tumingin kay Sabrina na tila ba siya’y hindi makapaniwala rito. Dahil sa isipan ni Aicelyn, ang tanging nais niya ay ang makaalis sa lugar na ‘yon na dala-dala ang Ambrosia upang mailigtas ang libong katao. At hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit pinipigilan siya ni Sabrina rito.

Nang mapagtanto ni Sabrina ang mga salitang lumabas sa kanyang bibig, napayuko siya’t umiwas ng tingin. Dahil lahat sila ay iniiwasan na galitin si Aicelyn. Isang kautusan mula sa hari ng Cerulean Kingdom, King Alendis. At kahit isang katanungan iyon sa kanila, walang kahit sino ang kumwestyon dito.

“Lyn… I’m sorry,” bulong ni Sabrina.

Makahulugan na nagpalitan ng mga tingin sina Celine at Serena saka agaran na pumagitna sa dalawang kaibigan bago mangyari ang kanilang kinakatakutan. Inalo ni Celine si Aicelyn, marahan itong kinausap upang pakalmahin samantalang si Serena ay humingi ng tawad kay Sabrina dahil sa naging ugali ni Aicelyn.

“It’s not your fault—” A tremendous feeling of fear stops Serena’s words to come out of her mouth as the thin cloth dividing them from their uninvited guest slowly falls to the ground.

Fear and terror consume them; they are too stunned to move nor speak, especially that the three creatures standing in front of them are mere products of the book they have read, a myth that shouldn’t even exist. A fucking nightmare.

They’ve got long fangs with curved horns coming down from the side of their heads. And having to look at their eyes is like a sunken pit; full of orbs of molten lava, dripping and burning their flesh. Their entire body is covered with small, jagged spikes, along with thin, tattered wings.

The deviants. The demons. The Kins of Dark Continent.

And because none of the maidens could even move, one of the Kins stops from devouring the Ambrosia as he looks in their direction, along with the wickedest smile one could ever plaster.

“Ah… visitors!” One of the Kin says. His words taint their mind, destroying the women’s hope as the other two Kins shift their attention to the four demigods watching them secretly.

Serena bites her lips, pulling and tugging her friends, “We—we need to run!”

They all knew it, yet they also know that they can’t do it.

The joyous laughter of the Kins echoes, captivating and stealing the sense of the four maidens out of them. And with their eyes locked at them, the ugliest creatures slowly shifts into the prettiest ones; someone that everyone could fall for just by looking at their eyes.

“I badly want them… I want them to scream with pleasure,” the female Kin says, uttering her words with a lustful tone.

Tumingin sa kanya ang isa pa niyang kasama, ang lalaking may luntian na buhok, “No. Sa akin sila, Asmodeus.”