Chapter 18: False Truth

『SKYLER』

“You’re disgusting, Anderson. If you have concerns about what happened to Bristol, bend your anger towards me, not to Sky or not to any of my friends!”

Sue’s face darkened as she slowly let go of Sabrina’s hair. And all I could see while looking at her was resentment and unsaid hatred to someone that she let go of by hurting Sabrina in her own way. To be honest, I feel bad right now, especially just by looking at Sabrina’s face.

It was a good thing that Xian foresaw what was beyond Sabrina’s scheme, making him tell his concerns to Light. And because Light is always one step ahead of someone, they arrived before Sabrina could even cast her spell on me. But I highly doubt that it will work, especially that Aphrodite’s daughter no longer captives my heart.

“If Aizelle was here… mas malala ang aabutin mo.” Pare-parehas kaming napatingin sa kanya, na ang kay Phoenix ay may kasamang ngiwi. Ibig sabihin niya ba may ilalala pa ang itsura ni Sabrina ngayon?

You will always be love, Phoenix. Rest in Peace. Bawi ka na lang next life, ‘yong hindi sana katulad ni Sue.

Dionysus cleared his throat. “Speaking of your friends… they will be here any minute from now, along with my errand boy.”

Sumimangot ako sa kanya dahilan upang palihim akong sikuhin ni Phoenix. Nang tingnan ko siya nang masama, tikom ang bibig n’yang pilit na hindi pakawalan ang mga tawa niya.

“Selos ka?” Bulong n’ya.

“No.” Teka nga. Kailan pa siya nagkaroon ng kasama rito? Ako lang naman ang tumagal sa kanya, bakit kailangan niya pang magkaroon ng errand boy? “Anyway, ayos na ba sina Aizelle at Sue?”

“Yeah,” sagot ni Phoenix. “Sina Light at Aizelle na lang ang hindi pa ayos. Maybe because this time… Light was really hurt to Aizelle’s rejection.”

“Alam mo ang rason, ‘di ba?”

“It is not just my story to tell, Sky.” He smiled. Not just my story? Bahagya siyang lumayo sa ‘kin, hindi pa rin natatanggal ang ngiti niya nang tumingin siya kay Dionysus, na ngayo’y nakatingin sa akin.

“Anong problema mo?” Asik ko.

Dionysus chuckled. “You and that demigod… your blessings are perfect for each other.”

“Who?”

“Batang gubat.”

“Is that even a fucking name?” Light asked while he was checking Sabrina’s vital who had fallen into a slumber because of Sue’s solid slap.

And because of Sue’s wrath, Sabrina looks like a mess right now; most of her hair was covering her entire face, making her identity seem mysterious. She was tied in a wooden chair with her arms behind her back.

Frightening. Sue was like a different person earlier; she seemed so peculiar.

“They are here,” Dionysus announced, looking at the door.

The front door was immediately opened by the vines, revealing the other half of our group. But my eyes fell in a fucking rollercoaster ride while looking at the man standing beside Celine, those familiar emerald eyes seem livelier than before, yet his enigmatic, gothic outfit remained still as his iconic identity.

He’s supposed to be dead. Then how come he’s alive?

Just what on Earth really happened three years ago?