Chapter 16: The God of Wine

『SKYLER』

Beyond the Labyrinth, a suffocating amount of eeriness blended into thin air as the magic embedded in each corner was compact, as if they are fallen into a deep slumber. I roamed my sight around; because of the magic locked within the vicinity for years, the enchanting scenery of the Labyrinth appears to be one of a kind.

Speckles of glittery dust scattered in the air, feeding the unnamed plants stuck in the ceilings and the floor. The path wasn’t dark, it was not bright either, but the lighting was enough for us to follow Xian’s trails.

And given that our group split into three, it occurs to me that by now, Celine’s group has already reached Demigods Academy with Tita Alyssa and Serena’s group are already in Shier University.

“Sky…”

Now, all I wanted was to save Ice, to fulfill my promise to our son. Especially that, he gave me a parting gift, the exo-balls. It will help us, demigods, in order to manifest our blessing in our so-called graveyard.

“Utak tubig!” Nilingon ko sa Phoenix na kaninang-kanina pa ako tinatawag na nakabusangot. “May itlog ka ba r’yan?”

Naguguluhan ko siyang tiningnan habang siya mukhang napaka-inosente. “Ano?”

“Itlog, egg, tweet-tweet—”

“Bakit?” Maging sina Xian at Light ay nakangiwi na sa pinag-uusapan namin. Samantalang si Sue ay walang pakielam sa aming unahan. “Anong gagawin sa itlog?”

“Kakainin.”

Magsasalita na sana ako nang biglang lumingon sa amin si Sue dahilan upang mapatigil kaming lahat sa paglalakad. “Don’t you have your own balls, Phoenix?”

Ibang itlog ang nasa isip niya!

Laglag-panga kaming tumingin sa kanya hanggang sa tinakpan ni Phoenix ang bibig niya’t naiilangan na tumawa. That was just so fucking awkward.

Xian hysterically laughed and began to poke Phoenix’s cheeks. “Dude, nahuhuli kayo, ha.”

Light and I grimaced at them. Mali siguro si Tita Alyssa ng groupings. Bakit ba kasi kasama ko ‘tong anak niyang gago?

“Sue, malaki ba si Phoenix Junior?” Xian curiously asked.

And when I was about to hit him, Sue suddenly intervened by biting Phoenix’s hand and laughing.

“Sapat lang,” Sue said.

Xian’s annoying laugh echoed, making the blooming flowers be disturbed with his scheme, even the speckle of dust gradually dance around as if they were delighted with his deafening noises.

“Shut up, Xian!” Light hushed. “I can hear someone…”

The sound of heavy metals clashing with each other rang in our ears, making us sprint in its direction. Yet, our tracks were immediately halted when the faint glimpse of familiarity caught our eyes. The peculiar yet graceful way of wielding a sword, as if she was dancing. Her face that anyone would die for, and especially those blunt amethyst eyes…

Sabrina Anderson…

The known queen of Demigods Academy, the mightiest demigod of Zeus’s Section, the woman that even Sue or Aizelle could properly defeat.

“Tsk!”

Nang makita namin kanyang pagngiwi, agad siyang tinulungan nina Light at Phoenix. Samantalang kami ni Sue ay nanatiling walang kibo kasama ni Xian. Napaliligiran siya ngayon ng apat na misteryosong nilalang habang kaharap niya ang isa pa at kahit saang anggulo namin tingnan ang mga kalaban n’ya, hindi namin mahagip ang mga mukha nila dahil sa suot nilang mga cloak na nagkukubli ng itsura nila.