Chapter 27: Historia (Part 3)

The hammering silence vanquishes when the cry of a grieving soul echoes in the empty room. Aicelyn slowly opens her eyes with her tears starting to pour down as she looks at the dark ceiling. And now, everything makes sense to her.

The reason why Celine is so hard on her, the reason why Serena is careful with her, and the reason why she has forgotten who Sabrina is.

She now remembers everything, every little bit of her memory, along with the demise that awaits the tragedy of the four maidens from the past.

And especially, the loneliness of the only Empyrean Soul.

“Ba—bakit nila ginawa ‘yon?” Kusang tumulo ang mga luha ni Aicelyn habang ang mga mata’y nanatiling nakatingin sa kisame.

Sa ‘di kalayuan, pinanonood siya ni Belphegor na may hindi mapaliwanag na emosyon sa mga mata nito.

Dahil sa pagkabuklat ng memorya ng nakaraan, ang lahat ng katanungan nga’y nasagot maging ang dahilan sa pagkawala ng mga d’yos at d’yosa. At ngayon, sila ang nakikipagtagisan kay kamatayan.

Bumaba ang tingin sa kanya ni Belphegor, pinanood lamang niyang tumangis ang prinsesa. Because… just like her, he couldn’t answer his whys.

“That question is not meant for you, Aicelyn.”

Aicelyn knows it. She was not the one who answered him; she was not the one who got tempted to the offer—between the wagering of life and death.

“If it wouldn’t for him, you wouldn’t suffer, and he wouldn’t still suffer.”

Aicelyn’s eyes becomes curious out of nowhere, wala siyang maintindihan sa sinasambit ni Belpher at lalong wala siyang ideya kung sino ang tinutukoy nito bukod sa kanya.

“That day, you lost to us. But, Phoenix Gregory Stanfield also lost a battle that cause the life of his beloved…”

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

“Paxton Greyson Stanfield!”

“Phoenix Gregory Stanfield!”

“Call my name too, Mom!”

The Queen laughs, looking at her beautiful, youngest child. “Philomena Greisy Stanfield,” she softly says as she kisses her forehead.

The soft, loving eyes of the Queen immediately disappear when two princes arrive, looking nervous and guilty at the same time. The princes bow their heads with a grimace face plaster in their faces as the Queen looks at them grimly.

“Kasalanan mo ‘to,” bulong ni Paxon kay Phoenix.

Pinanliitan ni Phoenix ng mga mata ang nakatatandang kapatid at bumulong pabalik. “Sinabi ko bang sumunod ka? Display ba ‘yang utak mo? Pakigamit, please.”

“Are you done pointing fingers with each other?” The Queen asks calmly. Nagulat si Paxon nang tinulak siya ni Phoenix papalapit sa kanilang ina, saglit niyang pinanlisikan ng tingin kay Phoenix bago muling humarap sa ina na may kabadong tawa.

“Y—Your Highness!”

“How many times do I have to tell you that you aren’t supposed to sneak out and ditch your training?”

“Nabilang mo ba?” Tanong ni Phoenix kay Paxon.

Tumango si Paxon dahilan upang lalo silang panlisikan ng tingin ng reyna, “Pang-278 times na. May record ako sa journal… palagi kasi tayong tinatanong.”

“Nice, brother!” Nakabungisngis na tinapik ni Phoenix ang balikat ng kapatid saka bumaling sa kanilang ina, “278—”

“And where have you been this time?”