"Remove your talons from my body, I'm not in the mood for you." His hand grabbed her wrist and ripped it away from his form.

Marissa was not used to rejection and so, she didn't allow her pride to admit defeat with that man so, naturally, she tried again. She pulled her hand away from his grasp and pressed it against his covered chest. Her fingers trailed down towards his black jeans but before she could grab his manhood, Ax pushed her away, again. This time with a bit more vigour. "Don't fucking touch me. I won't repeat myself." He didn't raise his voice, he didn't need to. The message was loud and clear, Ax was not someone she wanted to get on his bad side and so she retreated.

"But Alex, haven't you missed being with a woman?" Alex? Really? He thought and almost cringed at the nickname.

"You can drop the act with me, Mar, it's no longer funny."

"I'm not joking." But she was and they had played this game many times in the past.

"We spent one night together, not even that, a few hours, at best and that was over six years ago. Learn to give up, desperation is not appealing." Ax advised Marissa.

She glared at him. Not much had changed about the man, he was still the same stubborn asshole. But Marissa wanted him, still, for all the freedom he represented.

But she still left, knowing she would never be able to win.

Ax shook his head and moved back towards the car. He began by taking off the windshield, his movements gentle and precise. He discarded the clips around the windshield moulding, he peeled off the moulding and removed the window slowly with the help of suction cups but before he could move on to placing the new part he heard yet another voice call for him.

He sighed in annoyance. He couldn't believe how stubborn the woman was. Ax wiped his dirty hands on his white tank top and went to the front of his shop, once more. "Didn't I fucking tell you that desperation isn't attractive?" He called out as he reached his visitor.

"Excuse me?" A feminine voice called out.

Ax reached her in seconds and almost instantly felt the air leaving his lungs. It wasn't Marissa this time. Standing there wearing a black dress and spiked boots was the ome he had let go nights ago.

"What are you doing here?" Her eyes widened and she sucked in a shocked breath. Celia couldn't believe that she had somehow bumped into him again.

It shouldn't have been incredibly shocking, though, the town wasn't that large.

Ax let out a small chuckle at her confusion. "I work here." He gestured towards the rest of the shop as he explained.

Celia's lips formed a small, idiotic 'oh' and she looked around, letting even little detail register in her mind. "Well, my car broke down and I was wondering if you could fix it."

He nodded. "Sure, I'll need to take a look at it first but there aren't many things I can't fix."

Celia scoffed at his arrogant tone. Had she honestly thought she had been an idiot for leaving that night? Thinking that, perhaps, letting that man play with her body would feel satisfying enough to help her forget, even for a few moments, at least, everything that was haunting her.

But, at the moment, she regretted not giving in.

Maybe if the opportunity arose again I could try a different approach. She wanted to hit her head against the wall repeatedly for having these thoughts but her refusal to accept her desire did not offer her any solace. The ache had returned the second she saw him.

"Well, then," She tried to remain unaffected by his appearance. The oil stained white tank top accelerated his muscled torso and left little to the imagination. His black jeans were no better. "Should I show you what's wrong?" She suggested hesitantly.