The Tears

Hey guys this is my first book on wattpad but I have read other peoples books and I have an idea. I just want to aologize in advance if anything in this book may offend you. I'll try to update every day or so. Hope you like it!

"CANNON BALL" I yelled as I jumped off the diving board, into the pool and almost fell onto my friends Sarah and Julia. It was summer vacation and we were all at my house for my birthday party the next day. Today was my actual birthday and tomorrow was my party. We were having a water gun fight.

"AHHH!" we all screamed feeling the freezing water on our skin. Suddenly as we were a little quieter I heard my parents whispering something and it sounded bad.

"Hey guys be quiet!" I yelled at them as we listened hard to my parents' conversation.

"What?" my mom said in the distance. I swear I saw my dad almost cry, something bad must have happened. My friends and I got out of the pool, dried ourselves off and went in the house where my brother was playing video games in the basement or as we called it 'the man cave'. I looked at my brother. He was 20 years old, only two years older than me though he always rubbed it in my face, he was 6.6" with short, light brown hair and brown eyes. I was always unsure because my entire family had brown hair and brown eyes, whereas I had blonde hair and blue eyes. My brother had always said that I was adopted, he was so mean because when I was little I used to listen to him, I mean he was my older brother, my role model. As I got older I started to realize that he was lying, so now it doesn't bother me one bit.

"Jason I'm pretty sure that someone's dead cause mom and dad were really sad when we were outside in the pool. I think I even saw dad cry!" I said to him worried, thought he didn't really care.

"Look it's probably not as bad as you think, just wait" he said not taking an eye of the flat screen TV where he was playing Call of Duty. We were all talking when I shushed everyone at the sight of my dad coming down the stairs. He walked into the room and told my brother to pause his game even though it was already paused. I guess my brother did think that maybe I was right maybe someone did die, this just made me even more worried.

"Guys I need to tell you something." my dad said as he tried to keep away the tears. "I'm afraid that uh your grandpa is uh... dead" he finished very quietly, you could tell that he was talking about his dad and not my mom's

"WHAT?" I yelled softly as right away, my eyes started to fill up with tears.