Chapter 4

I put on my usual varsity jacket, a T-shirt of One Punch Man saying: "ok." underneath with a mint-colored short skirt. This was my usual outfit, I switch my skirts and shirts around, but there's always this varsity jacket.

I left on the search of the blonde bob dude. After walking around, I found him with Mizutani-san, walking out of a supermarket. What was their relationship? I couldn't help but wonder. I found myself stalking them for the whole day, putting on my Mafuteru face mask I always brought around and my cat-eye sunglasses. They went to a load of places, but I couldn't catch the conversation they were having.

Everything was going fine, until I bumped into Yoshida-san in a bush. "Y-Yoshida-san? What are you doing here?" I asked, stuttering a bit. I can't be found out.

"I can't trust Shizuku with Kenji!" he whispered back, "How about you?"

"Blonde bob broke MY Hina's heart, and I'm deemed to find out what happened," I explained, emphasising on the 'my'. Hina was the most precious girl you could ever find. Yoshida-san accepted my reason and together we stalked them.

"What are you two doing here?" Mizutani-san asked out of nowhere. I jumped, almost screaming; it turned into a pathetic squeal.

Blonde bob peered over too. I glared at him and my expression softened when I faced Mizutani-san. "I have nothing to do with you," I told Mizutani-san, then jerked my chin at Blonde bob, "But I'm here to talk to Blonde bob."

"What did you do to MY Hina?" I emphasised on 'my' again, "You made her cry!"

"I just rejected her confession, nothing else," he explained, backing away from my glare. I only stepped closer to him and leaned in.

"I need details!" I almost growled, recalling Hina's eyes brimming with tears.

"I simply told her, 'Girls like you always try to form friendships first because they want something more than that, they're selfish.", is that wrong?" I stared at him unbelievably. Mizutani-san also looked at him with the same expression. Hina's face appeared in my mind again.

I raised my hand to slap him, but little did I know Hina heard everything, she let out a soft sound that gained my attention, "Don't!"

"He's right, Aki, he's correct. I'm selfish. Don't hurt him," she reached me and grabbed my arm.

"You could've rejected her in other ways that won't make her cry!" I flashed a glare at him again, and yanked my hand from Hina's grasp.

"A rejection's a rejection," he only replied. My glare for him hardened and I took a step forward again, only to be stopped by Hina.

"You're turning violent, Aki," she spoke softly, I turned to her. I looked at her, then at Blonde bob, then at Mizutani-san and Yoshida-san who kept quiet during this fight, then at my raised hand. I lowered it, and used my other hand to grip my wrist. I bowed.

"I'm.. sorry," I said, making sure my bangs covered my face, then walked away, leaving everyone else behind, my other hand still gripping the hand struggling to punch Blonde bob.

I found myself wandering to the game center. I relaxed in front of Slender Man-san's counter, telling him about today. I didn't know when I started to rely on him, but I didn't care. I left a bad impression on all of them, and I wouldn't want to face them.

"Cheer up, if she's a true friend, she'll forgive you. Now, how about I give you a free round at that baseball game over there?" he jerked his chin inside the game center. I brightened up.

He started the machine, and I thanked him. "No problem," he replied.

I started hitting the baseballs, I didn't know how much time passed, but I kept calling Slender Man-san for another round. He didn't seem to mind, and I appreciated him for that. I got perfect hits every time, but just never felt satisfied. I hit and hit until my arms gave up on me, I collapsed on my knees.

"Suzuki-san?" I heard Yoshida-san's voice from behind me. I didn't answer, but he kept on talking, "Michan told me about what you told him, I won't despise you. We're friends, aren't we?"

My grey life brightened up at that. I looked at him. "Thank you," I smiled, "For not hating me."

He smiled back too, "So are we friends now?"

I made a thinking face, mocking him, then replied, "Yes, we are friends now."

"So we'll call each other by first names now?" he asked.

I snorted at this, is this a tradition, but replied nevertheless, "Yeah, Haru."

"Aki!" he smiled a cute smile. He stepped inside and supported me to the counter.

"Thank you for today, Slender Man-san," I said, "I'll repay the debt, somehow."

"You don't need to. Always at your service, Messenger-chan," he smiled. I bowed at him and left, my legs a bit wobbly but strong enough to bring me home. Maybe being friends with him isn't so bad.