Hitoshi Shinsou x Reader: Secrets

He's always been elusive. He's always hiding something. Hitoshi Shinsou was an enigma.

When he asked you out those months ago, you were beyond shocked. He didn't look you in the eyes at all. He looked around you and scratched the back of his neck. Then he said it, "Do you wanna go out with me?"

Of course you said yes. You'd be crazy not to. But in those months, he hasn't opened up to you. You tried questioning him, tried to find out his likes and dislikes, but he's very good at hiding it. He on the other hand, loves learning about you. By now he probably knows you better than you know yourself.

It was a rainy day. The rain fell heavily but it wasn't to your disliking. Your homes were sort of close to each other so you would meet up with him at the corner of his street.

The rain and strong wind made it hard to see in front of you so as you walked to the corner, you saw a blurred figure.

"Shinsou? Good god this rain makes it hard to see anything come on—" you stopped as you approached the figure.

You were talking to a broom sticking out of a trash bin.

You looked around and didn't see Shinsou anywhere. You checked the time and saw you didn't have much time before school started.

"Maybe he left without me..?" You said to yourself.

You couldn't wait much longer so you trudged through the rain and made it to school.

-Time Skip-

By the time school ended, the rain had calmed down quite a bit. You grabbed your umbrella and ran to the store. You bought some sweet bread and some other stuff and stormed to Shinsou's house.

You stuck your tongue out to the thrown away broom in the trash and looked around at the homes around you. The rain fell gently, it gave off an earthy smell that was to your liking.

You smiled and got closer to this home. Suddenly I strong gust of wind hit you and your umbrella turned upward and blew away.

"Greaaaaat," you said. You used your hand to shield your eyes from the rain and walked a little faster. You reached his gate and were about to open it when you heard a voice from the other side.

"You shouldn't be out here in the rain. It's cold you know. Silly," said Shinsou. It was weird, he was whispering.

You pushed open the gate, "Yeah I know my umbrella for blown—"

You looked at Shinsou and he stared straight at you in fear.

He was wearing sweats and a hoodie and was crouched beside a tiny kitten. Your eyes were wide open.

"Were you... Talking to the cat..?" You asked.

He grabbed the kitten and stuffed it in the pocket of his hoodie.

"What cat?"