Issue # 35 Book of Lady Caroline Pt. 2

"Hm. I do absolutely enjoy taking a whore's bath." Spraying his upper torso with scented water, a butler cocked his head back. His golden eyes flickered and squinted with each press of a button. Upon his white ascot and the black tux which slid down his sternum, a fragrance dribbled across his skin.
     Standing in place, the individual's arms seemed to manically reach all around a shelf full of price-tags and bottles of colorful glass. 
    "Nay-Yim, we're here for a reason, right? Big Brother Zarkadda told us that if we attack this fashion store then," Iona de'Navra, her hair fluffy and light pink, wore a red maiden's outfit. She lowered her voice and her head as she spoke. "the Complexia Portia will come." 
     "Yes, yes, dear. Build destruction and they will come, I've heard it once before. Tsk. Oh, and,  poor Zarkadda. He's lost his humanity. Tsk. Completely. What a darn shame that is. No longer a proper de'Navra, yet he still takes the lead." Nahum de'Navra continued to spray cologne and perfume all over his outfit. "My goodness. This one is called 'Sara's Veil'. What an interestingly seductive name for a scent which smells of," The houseboy flared his nostrils over his arm. "berries, and the Fall of Troy." 
      Iona blinked. "The... Fall of... Troy?" 
      Nahum laughed. "Mhmhmhm. Yes, little one. You remember." His eyes darted over to an employee just then. Us de'Navra have been around for every single fall, every single time. 
         "Excuse me, sir. Would you like to actually buy something?" The employee stared at Nahum with accusatory black eyes and a ferocious chewing of bubble gum. 
         "Madam, I do apologize. These samples are precious, indeed. Might I ask that you try some? You're a worker here, after all. You deserve it." Nahum offered the irritated woman a bottle of some 'Hot Ice'. 
        The girl looked to the bottle, blew a popping bubble, then shot her eyes back to Nahum. "Um. No. Either buy something or quit trying to make yourself smell good." 
       Shaking his head, the de'Navran houseboy chortled with his eyes closed. "You know, my gracious acquaintance, I would happily oblige your request. It is with a sense of precaution that I may step over a boundary here... and ask that you spit out your gum when addressing a customer." 
       The worker put hands to her hips and cocked her head, blonde hair frizzing up at the sides. "Excuse me?" 
       Nahum's lips curled into a fine grin. "Chewing gum has been known to make people more irritable, you see. It tricks your stomach acid into thinking your eating something. So the intestines may gurgle all they want, but no meal shall be delivered their way. Furthermore, it's just a lump of sugar. Eating that first thing in the morning is bound to make a person crabby- A person, such as a youthful daffodil as yourself." 
       "Alright. I'm goin' to have to ask you to leave, sir. You're just playing mind-games with me when I told you to stop wasting our product! You're being passive-aggressive." 
       Nahum put his glove-covered hands to his forehead. "My goodness. You try to be educational and inform an individual on a certain topic and they call you out as being 'passive-aggressive'. Well, I'm not one to put things so bluntly. Iona, if you would." The butler, his white-framed glasses falling down his nose a tad, turned to the young girl next to him. 
       "You're being a cunt and we're gonna blow this store up now. Sorry." The young girl threw her arm out and two birds appeared out of thin air.
      Frantic running. 

     Yelling. 
     Agony. 
    Almost all the beings in the store ran around in fright as the shelves and products shook, exploded, or fell.
    The modern infrastructure became a playground for panic. 
    Mugen and Pele, Iona's two grotesque beings of flight, tore into the employee's legs and head. Blood spattered as organs fell to the demise of vicious beaks. Veins and sinew of ligaments fell torn and separated. 
    "My, my. How disturbing. A tidy clean soul such as myself shan't look at this mess. Of course, I'll have to clean it up when you're done, eh? Hmhmhm. I told that poor woman to eat healthier, and she continued to manifest an aggressive attitude. I can't say I appreciated that." Nahum walked over the employee's corpse, his right shoe stepping onto an eye socket of the skull. "My sincerest apologies. I'm sure you were a fabulous employee while you were alive."