Arc 4, Issue # 34 Book of Lady Caroline Pt. 1

Blasts. Clanks. Smoke. Explosions. 
            "Max, to your left!" Cardinal Aubrey called out, her hair swaying in the city's wind.
           "Right!" Max quickly turned around, his katana stabbing into the stomach of a ritual faerie. 
           Sparkles falling to the ground below, a freshly painted roadway acted as the grave-sight for a pile of ash. Twinkling dust reflected the bright sunshine from the sky above. Clouds passed over, blackening the faerie's remains. 
          "Wow. You really would make a good cardinal, you know?" Aubrey smiled. 
         "I think I'm good just being an un-ranked member of the CP for now." Max blushed. 
         "Fair enough. But like, I feel like one day soon you'll change your mind. It'll be awkward not being one of us, no matter how cool you think you are after a while." Aubrey winked. 
         Max shrugged his shoulders. "I guess. Man, the city of Ostfolk really has become overrun with faeries in recent months." 
         "For sure. And it's no coincidence that this happened once Titanium-Corps fell apart. I believe I told you this before." 
         "Yeah. I'm up on that theory for certain. We need to find Agnus. He's a tribunal faerie. He can fix all this." 
          "What makes us so sure he isn't causing the imbalance of rabid ritual faeries?" Aubrey put a finger to her lip and took her red robe off, revealing a form-fitting white T-shirt. 
         "Well, because the faeries have been spouting some other name. It sounds like 'Choronzon' or something." Max let out a whistle once he finished speaking, his blue katana resting in its sheath. 
         Aubrey's blue eyes sunk a tad. "Ch- Choronzon? Oh no. Not him!" 
         "What?" Max blinked. "Why not?" 
         "He's the third tribunal faerie. The last of them. Supposedly the strongest." 
        Max quickly nodded. "Ah." Looking down at his sword, he sighed. "Well, we'll just fight him and overcome him just like we've been doing with all these other faeries."
        "Yeah. You know, I like your cheery attitude. Even if, you know, you have a violent de'Navra spirit in you at all times." Aubrey winked. 

        Max shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Oh, go take a hike. Hosanna and I've been getting along a bit better in recent times." 
        "Really?" Aubrey put a hand to her freckled cheek. "Might be some interesting bit of progress to tell Lector Ruthven." 
         "Well, we've been setting boundaries a bit better. I'm not just gonna let him possess me randomly anymore." 
         "Fair enough. Sounds like a pretty standard boundary to me. I'm surprised you didn't bother to set that up -- oh, I don't know -- beforehand?" 
         Max narrowed his eyes and stuck his tongue out. "We've had other personal talks! Gotten to know each other a bit more." His red hair blew, the wavy texture fluttering in the open wind. 
        "Oh. Once again, sounds like something to tell Ruthven. You befriending Hosanna could be the key to us defeating the de'Navra." Aubrey walked along the roadway, oddly devoid of cars, holding her robe. "Come on. Back to base we go." 
         "Mhm. Right then. I guess I'll tell Lector Ruthven this someti-" 

        The sound of a giant rippling motor ran past them. The vacant road was home to large trees, blocking high-end establishments behind them such as grocery stores and malls. Skyscrapers which possessed floors of shopping centers had their glory diminished by the gigantic vegetation of oak plants, as well as a loud black car which had all its windows rolled down. 
       Loud music and excited screaming dilated from the doors. The face of a cinnamon-skinned man could be seen, his somewhat-long hair a platinum blond and of only an ear's length. His smile, an open and toothy grin, took in the world in front of him. The car sped through the open area, the abandoned highway laying itself down as an impregnable playground for some reckless driving.
      Since no other car drove around them, this youthful driver found it best to go ninety miles per hour. 
      "What in the world?" Max let his katana slink to his side lazily. 
      Aubrey shrugged, pulling her robe closer. "Kids these days, am I right?" 
      Max lowered his eyes. "Aubrey, you're like nineteen." 
     "Y- Yeah. I guess you're right." The female Cardinal sighed. 
     "Wait. Hold on a sec! That looked like Temuri." 
      "Huh? Who's 'Temoory'?" 
      Max drew in a deep breath and gripped his katana outwards in front of him. "Another one of the de'Navra."