Arc 2, Issue # 12 Villainous Introductions

"Daddy, you won't believe it!" Natalie raced over to Dr. Carwell one afternoon, pink shoes stomping across the floor of a cafeteria. 
              "Hm?" Dr. Carwell looked over to see his daughter holding a hand to her bosom.
            "Maximus... killed Malechor!" In the middle of a large cafeteria, the walls painted an off-putting blue, Natalie shouted. 
           In the process of drinking some chocolate milk, Natalie's dad suddenly started coughing. "W- What? What the hell? No, nuhuh! No way. Natalie, you're a real funny one. Thinkin' you can get to your old man like that." 
           "I'm serious!" Natalie pouted, crossing her arms underneath her bosom.
           Dr. Carwell's laughing face slowly died down. "So you would be then, wouldn't you?"
         Natalie nodded, her blonde hair swinging with the motion.
         Looking away, the scientist's mouth hung open slightly. "I- Natalie, you know I'm not exactly inclined to believe that, right? I trust you, honeybunch. But I don't know if I trust Malechor himself being killed. You have to understand, this isn't like any of the other faeries. This is a tribunal faerie. He's a type of creature who can control other fey, and even the most skilled of hunters have lost their lives against this thing. For a new student to come to this school and, in such a short amount of time, slay Malechor, and for you to parade around the fact that he did what he did, is just so hard to believe! I'm sorry, Natalie but if what you say is factually correct,  then we need to bring it up with the headmaster."
          Should I tell him about what I saw happening to Maximus the other night, too? Natalie bit her bottom lip, her eyes darting across the chair-infested cafeteria. That look in his eyes, and that laughter, was inhuman. In that moment, I was so worried for him, but my concern for Max was bogged down by the fact that that wasn't Max at that time.
          "Honeybunch, are you alright?"
          "Huh? Oh! Yeah. I'm- I'm fine. Let's go talk with Mr. Agnus, then."
          Dr. Carwell shook his head, picking up his tray of crumbled food. "Very well, but not with that honorific. You know how 'Father Agnus' hates being called 'mister'."

          Natalie blushed. "Right, right! My bad."
         "Hey, Natalie!" Kyle tapped his friend on the shoulder.
        "Hi Kyle. Quite the startling guy, you are! I was actually just about to go to the headmaster's office. What are you up to?" Natalie twirled the bottom of her hair as she wore a pink jacket over a black button-up.
        Kyle moved to the left, revealing Tony behind him. "I'm gonna have a few practice duels with this guy in the arena. Teach him how to, you know, not be so useless anymore."
        "I've only ever been good at fightin' other hunters, you know? Didn't really find myself in situations where faeries had me in a tight spot whenever I went on missions." Tony shrugged, looking away at the cafeteria's ceiling and making an O-shape with his mouth.
          "Yeah. See what I mean? Useless. He's never really been put to the test." Kyle pounded his chest with his right hand.
          Natalie put her hands down to her hips. "And how do you suppose that you're going to be 'the test' that Tony requires? You're not exactly a faerie yourself." 
          "I know. I'm gonna ask Agnus if I can use my watch-laser during the fight. Usually, hunters and students are only allowed to use the mechanical swords offered by the headmaster, but I wanna see if I can't spice things up a bit." Kyle arched his back.
          Natalie's eyes lowered. "Get ready to get totally rejected, you loser."
         "Oh my gosh, yo! That's the first time she's called you that!" Tony laughed, putting a hand to his left cheek.
        "Damn. That was cold!" Kyle laughed, looking at Dr. Carwell.
         "She always gets this incessant urge to call people 'loser' shortly after I've called her 'honeybunch'. I don't know why. She usually keeps it under control." Dr. Carwell sighed. "Well, let's go now, dear."
          "Alright, dad." Natalie smiled. It's been so long since I've seen him face-to-face like this. With him having been a scientist, I never really got to see him. I'm glad he wants to become a hunter.
         "Hmph. Well, we're gonna be right behind you two, hope you know that." Kyle tailed Natalie as the group of four walked out of the cafeteria.
        "Do what you will." Natalie giggled just then, her dark blue eyes looking forward. "Loser."