Other One - Continue

Magsimula sa umpisa

He hears her shaky voice and he starts to cry again.

'I love you Naddie...Maybe at first, I didn't...I-I was only staying because of me, the other James...but, I got to know you - how wonderful...how beautiful you are...and-and, all I can think about is...how fucking lucky I am to be here with you...'

He pauses, he hopes she listens.

'I love you, Nadine...I love you...' He pleads again. 'It's true, Naddie...I love you...Let's work this out, please? I...I can't imagine my life without you...I-I can't live without you...Believe me...please...'

He kisses her all over her face, her shoulders, her hands...he pours in all his love through it, hoping she'll believe him.

She takes a deep breath.

'I don't know what to believe in anymore, James.'

Her tone was cold. Her eyes, still in tears, full of pain.

The coldness in her voice freezes James to his place, and slowly she removes herself from his grip.

'I want you to leave...'

Her last words echo to him as he sits in Bret's living room, with a glass of rum in his hand.

He has already told Bret what happened.

He told him everything. He didnt care what anyone will think anymore, none of it matters. Not anymore.

Good thing Bret didn't need much explanation. For the time he's been here, he knows that it's Bret that would truly understand.

He helped him clean up himself a bit when he got to his place.

And then he offered him a drink.

He didn't refuse. He knows he needs it.

Still, he can't shake off the look in Nadine's eyes and the sound of her voice when she said those words.

How could he let this happen...? How could he hurt her so bad...

He just hates himself so much right now.

'What are you planning to do, man?' Bret asks him.

His grip on the glass tightens as scrambles his mind for an answer to the same question he's been asking himself.

'I dont know...' He whispers miserably.

He really doesn't know. He could go back to where he's from, so everything would be back to normal, but if knew how to do it, he would have done it before it blew up like this.

But then again, does he really wanna go back?

'I'm just so fucked up...'

James begins to cry uncontrollably.

'I just fuck everything up! I already fucked up my chance with Nadine from where I'm from! And then I get this chance to be here and be with her...and I fuck it up!'