- 16 -

"Where do you think Alyssa is?" Dextrine raises her eyebrows at me in a smile.

"No idea." I shake it off easily while flipping through a register of girls – I'm sorry, I mean, virgins

"She joined the church. Training to be a nun." Dextrine chuckles. "No purpose for us in her anyway." 

"Maybe." I put down the papers in my hand and grab the mug of coffee to the side. "What do you think happens to all the demons I've been summoning and letting go of lately?"

"I send them to your house. As aids." Dextrine waved her hand carelessly. "Don't worry. They won't harm your son."

"I don't really care at this point. No family to go back to, in all honesty. The church mailed me last night. Said I'm no longer allowed in there."

"Isn't that a good thing?" She frowned.

"Maybe." As I say this, there is a knock on the door and we all turn around to face it. A tech advisor stands, his earphone in his hand.

"High Priestess?" He asks. 

"What is it?" Dextrine urgently sat up straight and turned to the man. 

"We've gotten signals and wind of news that Alyssa Carter, her brother, and friend Wicca Ivana are on their way home tonight. They wish to seek out a book." he explains.

"Oh that's bad...I've told Allen to stay away from my closet...Certain he would look there first." I say slowly. 

"What's in the closet?" Dextrine turns to me suspiciously for a moment.

"Their father."

--

Hey y'all! Late update, I know. Real busy. But I think I have some time to complete this book today, which is what I will be working on, for the most part, so I can just update whenever I'm free in the coming days as I already wrote the drafts.

I do miss you guys blowing up my notifications though.

If I've forgotten to mention, Don't TAP! was entered into the Wattys! Let's hope it wins something – and even if it didn't, I'd get to enjoy my first run in the awards!

I know this chapter is short, but do enjoy!