- 14 -

"The demon has arrived." Dextrine announces loudly. I can't see through the slits of the veil very clearly but my body is excited and I feel the goose pimples all over. "Let us begin. Good luck, Anna."

"Thank you." I say quietly. The beginning of the ritual is marked my the low changing from the women in the room and I wonder for the slightest moment why I wasn't part of their little clique. I quickly dismissed it as me not being beautiful yet. Maybe I will join them once I regain my beauty again. I begin the incantations in Latin as I grab the knife at the side. I can slightly see the demon holding down Alyssa. As I approach, I start to wonder whether there would be a way to turn back.

"Hurry along, dear. Don't let the temptations get to you. The beauty awaits." I hear Dextrine call. Taking in a deep breath, I re-continue my chanting and advance towards the small tub. Slipping my sandals off, I let my bare feet touch the cold metallic tub as I climb in and bend down. The demon's shadow helps me as I can't see Alyssa's face. It doesn't take me long to find her throat. I place the blade of the knife and begin my incantations in English.

"Oh lord, the mighty and powerful, the father of evil, our savior, the devil," I slice the knife across her throat. "May you bestow upon me what has been lost, may you return to me what has been taken, may you perform the exchange in acceptance that I have submitted myself to you." I stand up slowly. It was now that I noticed how James was struggling and groaning against the gags. I can imagine how his eyes look, pleading and begging. I ignore him as I slowly find his wrist. Placing the blade on his skin, I slice downwards slowly, savoring his painful groans.

He shouldn't have thought about cheating on me. And lying to me about it thinking I'll fall for it? Even dumber.

"Oh lord, my unholy savior, may you accept this body as your vessel and host during the rites of this ritual. May you accept these two souls as the price to my preference." I slice down his other wrist. My eyes are in level with his chest and I see strange cuts begin to form across it, bleeding down. My husband's crying and still groaning but I ignore him. I have to continue.

I start the Latin incantations again as I run the knife down his collarbone. The tub I am standing in is filling up with thick blood and the soles of my feet are getting covered in it as I fidget around.

I'm about to make another cut down James' chest when he stops making a sound and his arm contorts in a sudden jerk towards me from the elbow. It catches me by surprise and I take a step back, tripping over Alyssa's body. I feel two arms catch me and lift me back up as I am remove the sack off my head and watch in horror as James' body literally misshapes itself, contorting and jutting into weird angles. His eyes had rolled over to the back of his head and all I can see are the whites. The gag slips off with one jerk of the neck and his mouth slides into a sick smile.

"Anna Carter;" the voice is raspy and it snickers devilishly. I think devilish was an understatement because this definitely feels like the devil himself. The air reeks of rot, burning and roses, a sickly sweet smell I was quickly starting to hate. The temperature seems to be unable to make up is mind, alternating between freezing to almost scalding hot. "Your sacrifice has been rejected." The voice out of James continues. His body no longer looks human

"Wh – What? Why?!" My voice is high pitched and pained as it dawns on me. James gives out one last laugh before falling limp. I begin to hyperventilate as the arms under me give way and I fall to the floor. Must have been the demon holding me. All around me, the woman are removing their veils. My eyes fall over to Alyssa and I cry out in horror. "Kat!"

--

There we go! Sorry for the late reply!

I love you guys! The ritual! Now you see why and how Kat died, plus, the reason why James' body was so bent out at weird angles and stuff

I had a good day, what about you guys?

See you on the next update! Thank you all for still sticking with me!

Tootie

-Iff~