- 11 -

As I'm driving, my phone vibrates with a text. I pull over and James smiles in excitement.

"How did you know?!" He says in excitement.

"Know what?" I raise my eyebrows in confusion. James motions over with his eyes and I gaze at the fast food place I pulled over in front of. "Oh, James." I roll my eyes. "You idiot."

"Love you too." He smiles as he gets out of the car and skips over inside through the soft drizzle. I check my phone. It's a message from sometimes titled xxboizxx.

I roll my eyes. How immature. Ignoring what could be the chance to be pranked, I open the text to read it.

She left the house. She tried to text you on a Nokia you had – no worries. It had no sim. I made her think the message delivered. She's spooked, she left out the window. It's still left open, by the way.

It read. What? I send a reply quickly, asking who it was that left the house. The answer came immediately.

Alyssa.

I frown. This must be the demons. Shaking nervously, I quickly dial Ally's number and call her. I'm still redialing and calling by the time James gets back in the car.

"What's up?" He asks, munching on a fry.

"It's Ally. She left the house in the rain. I'm worried." I don't look at him as I keep calling.

"Relax. She's probably at Kat's house." James shook his head and handed me a fast food bag.

"I'm not hungry right now." I decline. "I'm worried about Ally, okay?!" I snap. She needs to be home right now. My phone vibrates again. I open the text.

"Who's that?" James asks.

"Allen. Who else would be telling me about Ally not being home?" I roll my eyes as I lie.

"Oh. Hm." James nods and goes back to eating. This time, the message reads –

She went to the church. Our connection is weak. But I can reach her. Dextrine is in there.

I reply back with a 'good'. Not bothered about how my husband would deal with eating and his drinks, I change gears and drive off again. I don't get too far when the rain gets heavy and my phone rings. I pick up. It's Ally.

"James, try not to talk." I say before I answer the call. James absentmindedly pulls on his headphones clumsily, conveniently for me. "Your brother just called me." I began on the phone.

"Yes? And?" She seemed to be a little on edge, as if she wasn't telling me something. Of course.

"He said you're not home and that one of the windows were left open." I remember what the demons had texted me.

"Oh, god mom. Please get to the church as soon as you can. I'll explain everything. For now, please." Her tone changes immediately and it seems as if she's close to tears. Wow, the demons did a good job. She is spooked.

"But I can't, Ally." I shoot a glance at James, who's nodding his head to loud music. I'm driving with one hand and the phone in the other.

"Why not?" Alyssa questions after a moment of silence.

"Because..." the words come to me as if automatically, like someone else was making me say them. I had an itching feeling I knew who it was. "You have to tap, Alyssa." It flows out of me. The call goes dead and I'm driving with it on my ear for a while.

"You did good..." the demon's voice floats through quietly and it fades as it laughs. I can't help but smile.

--

Wow!!! 10K reads on Don't TAP! You guys!!! Are. FANTASTIC!!!

That's the first book of mine to get that many reads, I'm quite surprised!

But either way, the special night has FINALLY begun. Do you guys remember the other end of this scene right here?

Hope the gore spooks you out aha!

And p/s (shameless advertising), the first two chappies of FOREIGNER OF FIRE has been posted. That's a bit of a lie, chapter two will be posted in a minute but by the time you read this, it probably will be posted so yk, it's a futuristic prediction.

I love you all, my tappengers!

Tooodoskeke

-Iff~