- 7 -

"Yes, I'll have to call you back." James hung up as soon as he noticed that I walked into the room.

"Who was that?" I raise my eyebrows questioningly.

"A client." He doesn't meet my gaze. "Something big is coming. Something big is going to happen, Anna."

Oh, you don't even know.

"Is that so?" I chuckle. "Care to elaborate?"

"It's a surprise as of right now." He says nervously. I'm about to speak but we're interrupted by a knock against the open bedroom door. We both turned to see Alyssa standing there.

"I kind of have to run to Kat's I hope you don't mind, it's kind of urgent." She says with a smile.

"Sure." I replied. "Oh, Ally, do take those little jam tarts I made. Share them with your friends." She nods. After she takes the packaged tarts and turns to leave, I follow her out and see her to the door, just to make sure she actually went out. Then, I headed up stairs to her bedroom.

Her laptop was left open and I lean over her bed to read the opened website. Taking out my phone and wearing a triumphant smile on my face, I called Dextrine.

"Yes, child?" Dextrine's voice is like a siren's call to me.

"She took the bait." I hold back a chuckle.

"Ah. Yes, good. But," she inhales. "Are you sure your daughter and her friends will follow through?"

"I gave her enchanted tarts. Her friends always liked my tarts. They're definitely going to eat those."

"Good. Good job, Anna." It's almost as if I can hear her smile through the phone. "I shall reward you kindly on the next meeting."

"Thank you, mother." I hang up and freeze as I turn to the door. Standing there, is my husband.

"Your mother?" He frowns, confused. I hoped that was all he had heard.

"No? The mother," I try to think of something. "From the church."

"Oh!" James nods in realization before he chuckles at himself. "How silly of me."

"So...who were you on the phone with?" I ask him again.

"Someone from church." Was all he says before he walks up to me. "Listen...The kids are both out, the house is empty...Let's say we –"

Recent romance and intimacy of a partner is often their cover up for infidelity. The strange thought flitted through my mind.

"Oh no! I'm really busy, James." I shake my head. "I have things to do. Some other day. It will have to be some other day."

"Alright. Whatever you say, love." He waved his hands in defeat and walked out.

After almost 3 months...Did he just call me love again?

Recent romance and intimacy of a partner is often their cover up for infidelity

You cheating jerkbag. I'm not letting you off easy.

--

Again, before you eat me – very busy. Kind of sick too, but here is the progressive chapter!

I'll hopefully try to update tomorrow.

Special news for you hot romantic bad boy demon loving fans, Foreigner of Fire's first chapter will be posted tomorrow – or day after at latest depending on when I get time.

Right now it's 4.31 (gosh darn I hoped it would be 4.20 Blaze it) AM and I am supposed to be sleeping so I'm gonna head off now.

Ya this is how busy I am – can't even sleep until this late in the morning. Feeling remorse cause I haven't been able to have my medicine for a day. I forget smh

Well, my tappengers, hope you enjoyed, I did tweet about my update going to be late so if you don't want to miss the updates on the chapter updates, my twitter is the place to go.

Tootsie

-Iff~