Chapter 7: Merlot and Dramatic Demands

Chapter 7

"What are we doing here? Really? You have no idea?" Percy asked incredulously.

"Calm down Percy. We need to approach this gently." Annabeth whispered to Percy, leaning into his ear.

"Fine." he replied, in an irritated tone.

"No," came Zeus's reply. "We do not know why you are here. Care to explain?"

Annabeth answered, shutting up the rude comment Percy was about to unhelpfully add to the conversation. "We have a couple of questions to ask you actually, sir."

Zeus' eyebrow hitched up in curiosity.

"What is it, and why did you have to come here in person to ask?" Hera replied.

"We are in a predicament." Annabeth said. "You know how you love my mother's company, yet hate Percy's father's?"

"Yes, that is true." Said Zeus.

"Well, for some reason, we don't know why, you have become very pressing for Poseidon's company to close. Our parents have a plan to fix that." An annoying plan, might I add? Annabeth thought to herself.

"Continue, miss Chase. Although considering what Poseidon has done you will not be able to change my mind." Zeus said with confidence and power in his posture and voice.

"Well, for some reason my mother is backing Poseidon. I do not know why, we don't even know what Poseidon has supposedly done. Our parents believe that a company merger would resolve the issue." Annabeth explained as best as she could. How exactly do you tell this thing anyway?

"What do you mean by merger?" Zeus asked worriedly. Clearly, as soon as his confidence had built up, it was gone.

"They are forcing," Annabeth, emphasized the word, "Percy and I to get married. The day after my 18th birthday."

Hera gasped; she loved weddings and families-but hated when they are against people's will. It was a thing she had. During her free time, she would always love to plan weddings for family friends and other big time people she socialized with.

"Well, this would stop my trying to close Poseidon's company." Zeus grumbled dejectedly.

"Husband, how could you be so inconsiderate? The children do not wish to be married." Hera defended.

"Yea," Percy started, "think about it, what would you do if Thalia or Jason were in this situation? What did my father do to you anyway?"

Zeus' eyes suddenly focused on Percy. There was this stern glare he gave that Annabeth was sure would instantly terrify a person. "What did he do? What did he do?" Zeus replied angrily. "I'll tell you what he did. That insolent brother of mine stole from me!"

"What are you talking about?" Percy asked. He didn't like the way his dad was deemed a thief. "He didn't steal anything!"

"But he did! What did he steal? He stole all of the plans for my greatest studio that was ever to be!" Zeus boomed.

"This is about a theatre?!" Annabeth asked incredulously.

Zeus directed his eyes to her now. "Don't start with me, daughter of Athena. This is not just any theater."

"How do you even know my father stole it?" Percy defended, taking a step forward.

Zeus waited no time in answering. "Because, he has always been out to ruin me!"

"No he hasn't! He may not like you very much but he thinks this is a perfect job for you and is happy that you are so successful at something. Plus he knows you have the power to close his business. Why would he steal from you knowing all that?" Percy reasoned.