{45} Meet the Parents

Dean:

The recovery process was going swimmingly. In three weeks you were back in the ring and defending your title. But, you guessed it, there is still one issue; Seth.

You hadn't said a word to him, and vice versa. You've avoided him and whenever someone asks you who did it, you just say your mind is still a bit foggy and you aren't sure.

You refused to believe it. To believe that your best friend, your life long companion, and someone who helped you when you were having issues with Dean was the man who tried to kill you. Even worse, you predicted it.

It was another Smackdown Live and you were starting your feud with Bobby Roode tonight. Again, you were avoiding Seth, and instead clung to Dean.

"So what are we going to do for Christmas?" You asked, hand in hand as you walked to catering. He suddenly halted and stared intently at you.

"I've been meaning to ask you something." He stated, playing with your forefinger. You lifted his chin with your free hand, forcing him to keep eye contact.

"What is it Dean?" He stared at you for a good minute before taking a deep breath.

"I want to visit your parents for Christmas." You froze. He couldn't be serious.

"Hell no. No fucking way." You started to stomp off but he grabbed your hand and gently tugged you back.

"(Y/N), have you even thought about talking to them again?"

"No, and I never plan to after what they did. More specifically, what he did." You clenched your jaw as Dean gave you a pleading stare.

"Why do you want to see them anyway?" You asked in disbelief.

"To see if they've changed at all."

"Well I can promise you they ha-"

"(Y/N), please." He pleaded. You weren't sure why he wanted this so bad, but you could tell he really wanted to see your parents. You sighed in defeat.

"Okay. Let's do it."

~

Sunday night. Christmas Eve. You stood in front of your parent's house. The house that haunted you to this day. The house that held the worst moment of your life. The house that deserved to be burned to the ground, with the two of them in it.

You felt a squeeze on your hand and you turned to look at Dean. He kissed your forehead and held your chin.

"It's okay. I'm here. Nothing will happen to you. Not on my watch." You hugged him tighter than you ever have before gripping his hand and walking towards the door. Dean pushed the doorbell and your heart stopped.

What am I doing? This is insane. Turn around. Run. Never look back. You can't do thi-.

Suddenly the door crept open and there he was. The devil himself. A spawn of hell that should have never been born.

Your father.

You had an intense stare down, you gripping Dean's hand and your dad gripping the doorknob. After a few seconds, he held the door open for you to come in. Dean lead the way and you followed hesitantly.

As you walked in, you noticed it was all the same. Nothing had changed since you were 15. Same scent, same walls, same floors.

Same demons.

Then your eyes landed on it. The space where it all went down. They didn't even bother to repair it. It was like a trophy to them. You could still faintly see the blood stains grinded into the wall.